CH20

The next five days were a whirlwind of me finishing stitching up my dress for the event, getting together with Alya and Nino for a gift exchange, and actually meeting Adrien’s dad. I thought these few days would just be us relaxing all the time, but at least we could do that in between everything happening.
December 31st was quick to roll around, it was the night of the party.
“Hey Adrien? I can’t reach, could you zip me up?”
“Sure.” he came into my room, both of us blushing as he tugged the zipper up.
“Thanks.” I pecked his cheek as I hurried over to the bathroom to apply some make up. I left the door open so we could talk. “So, should we go over how this is going to work?”
“Sure, so I bring you as Chat, once I land, I’ll detransform to show that I’m Adrien.”
“Okay, and then we continue through the doors, maybe answer a few questions.”
“Mhm, and then have fun until my dad makes the speech, people are expecting you because of the internship, but I’ll be a bit of a surprise.” I cap the eyeliner and open the mascara as Adrien talks. “My dad will make the announcement and you will most likely be asked questions, want to practice them?”
I finish with the mascara, “Umm, sure, why not?” I pick up a tube of ruby lipstick to match my floor length, long sleeve velvety red dress.
“Alright then.” Adrien straightened up and grabbed my hair brush to pretend he was a news reporter and it was his microphone. “Madam Dupain cheng, what is it like to be the soulmate of the purrfectly handsome Chat Noir?”
“It’s pawsitively pawsome!” I giggled.
Adrien started laughing alongside me, I had to put down the lipstick to keep from getting it all over my face.
“Okay, okay, we need to calm down, I need to finish my lips so we can get there on time.”
“Okay.” Adrien said, a big goofy grin on his face. I finish up and meet Adrien transformed on the balcony.
“Ready to go?” I nodded and he picked me up, there was a light snow on the ground and floating through the air. The sun was setting, there were about 6 hours till midnight, as we approached, the front gate was swarmed with cameras and reporters. I couldn’t wait to see what the night held and to go through it with my soulmate.