Chapter 4

"You can always count on me

"You can always count on me." Her eyes lit up with a glint of hope. He continued, "and you can count on that idiot too." He said pointing towards Natalie who was flirting with an athlete. Olivia chuckled and shook her head.

Nat looked at them and quickly walked over to her two friends, who inquired about her latest conquest.

"I slept with him last night", she mentioned casually, "biggest mistake of my life. No, no. Actually, it was the smallest."

Olivia stifled a laugh while Kaden shook his head, and sarcastically said, "that explains why you were flirting with him just now."

"I like to flirt. It's that simple." They walked down the hallway to the cafeteria. "Plus, I think he might have helped me retain my sanity last night. I had a pretty bad headache, so I went to look for eye drops, but they had expired, so I drank it in hopes that it would kill me." She paused, looking for their reactions. "No, I didn't seriously drink eye drops. But I swear it's not even worth drinking poison anymore. He called me right after that and asked if I wanted to "hang out". We did it, and afterward, he started talking about movies and music, and how he didn't consider BTS songs to be classified as 'music'. I easily contradicted his opinions coz he was dead wrong. His obscene views make me wanna live just so I can prove him wrong every day. I will make him rue the day when he decided to go against me and my beloved."

Olivia, for a second, questioned why she was friends with her. Natalie's peculiar personality is what made her so attractive, and Olivia couldn't help but admire her for who she was, unapologetic.

"I think I might be losing my sanity," Olivia said as they sat down at their usual spot with their lunch. She told her friends about the strange occurrences which led Kaden and Natalie to come up with their own theories.

"Maybe you hit your head and now have partial amnesia," said Kaden as he popped a French fry in his mouth.

"Or", Natalie said, dragging her words in a dreamy voice, "maybe you went out and bumped into a hot stranger. Things got steamy, and you banged him all night. He was rough and left scratches and love bites all over your skin. And you got so drunk that you don't remember anything."

"And we're done with the food!" Both Kaden and Olivia exclaimed.

"You need a boyfriend, Livy. You're 17! And you've never had a romantic expedition with a guy. I think you deserve to have a little fun." She said, making suggestive gestures that made Olivia barf.

Natalie's words had the intended impact on Olivia's mind. On her way to the drama club after school, she couldn't stop thinking about what it would be like to be with someone. She walked for 10 minutes before reaching the old theatre.

The owner of the rusty old theatre had been putting all his efforts into reviving it. Olivia walked in and climbed the steps to the inside of the building. The writer and all the artists were sitting in a semi-circle with the director standing in front of them when Olivia entered the backstage room. The club comprised of a group of novices with Olivia having little experience in acting through the plays that she used to perform in school.

"Good. Olivia's here." Sean, the director, said. "A major crisis has been averted."

Olivia got notified about the main lead quitting the show because he got bit by a wild dog. A different actor in his place had to step into the role.

"Everyone, I'd like you to meet our new main lead," Sean announced before a young handsome man, aged 21, entered the room. The ladies immediately started swooning over him and his devilish looks. Standing where the director stood, he spoke in a smoky voice, "nice to meet you, everyone." His gaze shifted to Olivia as he said, "I'm Ethan."

______________________________________

Don't forget to vote!

Thank you