Chapter 16

Ethan walked over the hills impatiently

Ethan walked over the hills impatiently. He pushed the unnecessary thoughts of his mate out of his mind, trying to focus on the task at hand. He was still a little far from his destination when he heard a sound that slowed down his footsteps. Slowly, he took watchful steps forward until he could see the source of the sound.

A wolf sat peacefully on the ground as it devoured a dead deer with its sharp canines. Suddenly, the wolf stopped chewing and looked up. It had sensed Ethan's presence and immediately knew that there was an invader nearby. The wolf turned to look directly at Ethan, temporarily forgetting about the dead deer.

Ethan had sensed power from the wolf and at once he knew its identity.

Victor's wolf was a huge brown-colored creature with golden eyes. It looked at Ethan with contempt as its nostrils flared with vengeance. It stood up and scratched its paw on the ground as if getting ready to pounce on the enemy.

The birds sitting on the trees in their vicinity flapped their wings to fly far away from the claws of the predator.

True to his indications, Victor's wolf sprinted towards Dominic with the intent to fatally harm him. Its fur waved with the wind as it shined under the sunlight. Just as the wolf was about to attack him, Ethan dodged by sidestepping. Ethan was just as fast and strong as the wolf.

The wolf landed on its paws that screeched across the ground. He turned around again to attack Ethan. His wolf had been furious over the fact that his mate had run away with a lowly werewolf, thus hurting its pride.

The wolf leaped to attack again, but this time Ethan barely dodged. The wolf had managed to leave a cut that would leave a scar on Ethan's arm.

"Easy tiger!" Ethan said with his hands surrendered in the air as Victor's wolf landed on the ground. "I'm not here to fight. I just want to talk."

The nostrils of the wolf continued to flare, although it seemed to emerge out of the cloud of destruction. The wolf went behind a tree to turn back into its human form.

Victor took his clothes out of his bag. Getting dressed, he said, "either you are incredibly strong or hopelessly suicidal to step into my territory again."

"Neither, actually," Ethan said in a satirical manner, "I simply just love the thrill of having an incessant werewolf out to murder me for a crime that I am still unaware of."

Victor snickered at his audacity. "Your crime? How about attempting to murder my mate? How about corrupting her mind, manipulating her to choose you over me?"

Ethan smirked. "Jealous much...wait, what?" He said as if suddenly having a realization. "How in the world am I supposed to do all that when I don't even know who your mate is?"

It was Victor's turn to smirk. "I see she didn't tell you. My mate happens to be the very girl who saved you once from being decapitated by my hands." He paused before saying, "Olivia Jones."