Chapter 9

Ethan and Olivia got intoxicated from all the liquor that they consumed, but what happened the next morning made their eyes pop out of their sockets

A few hours before their intoxicating hiatus, they climbed the hill and reached the wooden cabin. There were loose fences surrounding it and a short broken wooden gate that failed to keep the intruders out.

"Check if anybody is in there," Olivia said.

"I don't take orders from you. And there's nobody here." He said, as a matter of fact. She gave him a look that said 'check anyway'. "Hello?" Defeated, he called out to see if anybody responds but no one did. "Let's go inside."

The door had no locks as if the owner was daring the passerby to enter. The cabin contained counters on two sides of the wall, with cabinets filled with all kinds of liquor, utensils, herbs, and rock salt, a kitchen sink with no water in its tap, a dysfunctional stove, three rusty chairs, two sacks of potato, two light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, and a record player.

After switching the light bulbs on, they looked at the inside of the cabin and then stepped outside to the backside. There was a makeshift toilet with walls made of thin wooden planks. Both of them rushed at the same time to the toilet to use it first.

"Let go!" Olivia exclaimed. "I've been holding it for far too long."

"As have I!"

"You can just go pee in the woods! I can't! Let. Me. Go. First."

"First of all, that's sexist. But I'll let you go because I'm a gentleman," he said as he let go of the door.

"You truly are a perfect fit for the drama club." She said before shutting the door. "Go away."

After they were done relieving themselves they took shelter in the cabin and decided to boil the potatoes for dinner. They had been starving for an unbearably long time.

"I'll get the water from downhill," Ethan said as he took a steel pot out from one of the cabinets and left.

Olivia took her phone out to check if there was any reception. There wasn't. She had no means to send for help.

She tried to turn the stove on but it didn't work, so she walked outside and collected fallen branches to light a fire.

After Ethan came back with the water, Olivia said, "give me your lighter."

She arranged the branches in the best way she could, throwing in a few dried leaves as well, and lit the fire. "This is the first time I'm thankful for someone who smokes." She said, handing the lighter back to him.

He snickered.

Sitting on the rusty chairs they boiled the potatoes, peeled the skin, and seasoned them with whatever they could find.

"We'll stay here tonight, and try to find our way back tomorrow," Ethan said.

"Or...we could look for someone other than the two of us for help."

He stared at her for a few seconds and said, "don't forget you're still my captive, even if you're not physically in binds."

Olivia rolled her eyes.

The fire had died down. She started feeling chilly and went inside the cabin to try to stay warm. Ethan followed her. She wrapped herself in the coat but it didn't help much, so she started looking for something else in the cabinets.

"I'm hot," Ethan said. "I could wrap my arms around you but I'd have to throw up first." He laughed.

Ignoring him, she found the label-less liquor bottles and started to drink relentlessly. Her thirst was insatiable. He too joined her, but not before playing the record player.

'All Night Long' by Lionel Richie played. They sang along while drinking.

In no time, the captor and captive were intoxicated, forgetting about the supposed boundaries of their relationship.

'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen played next. Olivia, slightly tipsy, looked at Ethan. She felt the need to let go and started dancing, carefree. Olivia tried to twerk but she fell backward while attempting it. Ethan laughed at her and showed her how to do it. In no time the two had converted the cabin into their private dance club.

The next song 'We Are the Champions' played. They sang it as loudly as they could, feeling the burn in their throats, but also feeling like they could conquer the world.

They swayed to the slow songs however when 'Highway to Hell' by AC/DC played they banged their heads in the air, feeling dizzy but not stopping.

Nothing mattered during that moment. Laughing their hearts out, they were lost in the absolute euphoria and the bliss that they were feeling. Moving their bodies rigorously, covered in a layer of sweat, not caring, they bobbed their heads to the music, completely surrendering themselves to the rhythm.

Olivia screamed. "Woah! ETHAN, the earth is quaking!"

"I can't stand," Ethan said. His head was spinning. "here hold me."

They looped their arms, facing opposite to one another, and continued dancing as 'YMCA' played. They spun around in circles, while laughing non-stop, and doing the YMCA dance moves.

'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' played next. They were caught in a slow dance, with her hands on his shoulders and his on her waist. They looked at each other while swaying to the soothing music. Olivia suddenly felt awkward by his gaze and broke eye contact. She looked at him again and two started laughing uncontrollably.

She fanned her face feeling hot. He let go of her waist and she walked out of the cabin to get some air while muttering under her breath, "I thought Stockholm syndrome was a myth."

"What's Stockholm syndrome?"

She chuckled. Both of them were hot and sweaty. Olivia sat down on the lone step to the cabin and felt the light night breeze on her face. Ethan sat beside her.

The moon shone brightly, surrounded by millions of twinkling stars. A few cottony clouds floated around, occasionally obscuring the moon.

Olivia sighed, feeling sober. "I wish to have a normal life without my devil of a stepmother. I wish she would stop fighting with me all the time."
"I wish I had a family to fight with," Ethan said, looking at the moon.

Olivia looked at him, not knowing what to say. She placed her head on his shoulder, staring at the hypnotizing night sky. Her eyes felt heavy and within seconds she fell asleep. He picked her up bridal style and laid her down on her trench coat.

The first thing that she saw after waking up was Ethan's face. Her head lay on his arm, using it as a cushion, while he lay peacefully asleep. The next thing that she saw as she turned her head around was three naked men standing with guns pointing over them.

______________________________________

Don't forget to vote!

Thank you