Chapter 145 ~ Meeting the Goddess

AN: Time for a faithful meeting XD I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!!! It has been pretty hard to get inspiration, especially with all the UNI stress, but I'm still doing my best and working on chapters everyday! I love writing and it is my passion. I know because even when things get hard, I never stop XD I hope I can get over my slump quickly XD

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~! Please vote and comment your thoughts~! You can read ahead 5 chapters in my patreon, patreon.com/verglasx ! Feel free to check it out if you're interested XD!!

On a bright, sunny day, three carriages made their way to the Royal Palace.

Leading the group was Misteltein's first carriage. In it, Leon, Celestine, Freya, Vyra, lily, and Charlotte spent their time talking leisurely. Behind them was one of the carriages belonging to Misteltein that Vincent had purchased for Misteltein Staff's various use. In it, Mia was currently being pampered by Victoria, to her embarrassment and annoyance, while Rafael and Vincent watched their respective partner with a helpless smile.

At the rearmost of the group was the Academy's carriage that Irene, Amaterasu, and Irene brought from the Royal Academy. Irene and Amaterasu were off in their own world, leaving Alex and Altria to their own, awkward, conversation.

T-This is so awkward...

Alex maintained his gentlemanly smile on the outside as he struggled to entertain, or at least, dispel the awkwardness between him and Altria. They couldn't very well join Amaterasu and Irene's conversation since it was mostly Amaterasu sharing her story about the romantic night she had with Leon and her encouraging Irene to do the same as soon as possible. Thus, he had to somehow keep a conversation going as they made their way to the Royal Palace and keep the awkwardness away.

But... Looking at her now, I guess it's confirmed...

Alex felt bad for receiving an innocent and pure girl's first love while being unable to reciprocate it fully yet. All his eloquence in words that he frequently uses to capture any female hearts in seconds was stuck in his throat. After all, he never used them to actually obtain their love, only information. Now that he was facing a girl that he held a different kind of feeling for, he was stumped at how he should approach this.

I certainly don't hate her. Her personality and sense of loyalty somehow resembled mine, and I do think she's beautiful. But...

For someone who uses love as a method to gain information, he didn't know if what he was feeling for her was simply an attraction towards a person who had similar values to him, or love. He sighed deeply in contemplation.

Hah... The only thing I've had in my head was helping Leon that I'm completely clueless about this... I need help...

As to not hurt Altria, he must quickly ascertain his feelings for her. As he was only experienced in "lust", not "love", he must ask someone who has experienced and had proven it time and time again right before his eyes.

Guess I'll ask Leon, Rafael, and Vincent for help... Again...

He had sought advice from them in the past, but since it was busy, he put the matter to the back of his mind for a moment to concentrate on the task at hand and assist his master. Now that things have started to slow down, he'd need to take this chance and solve this problem before it gets busy once more.

Alex glanced to his side and saw Altria blushing and fidgeting, unlike her usual composed self. Her milky white skin that contrasted her flowing, jet-black hair tied into a ponytail, blushed in a healthy pink color, and her fox features seemed to move nervously, reflecting her inner emotions.