My strange addiction

Song: my strange addiction - Billie Eilish.

‘Don't ask questions you don't wanna know’

As the new nurse on the mental hospital, (Y/n) knew that things are not going to be easy. On her first day, the other nurses sent her right into the cell of the most dangerous patient that they had.

At the moment, she was kneeling down in front of the man who was sitting on the floor, wearing a straight jacket, a muzzle and he was chained to the wall.

“Is it necessary so much security?” she mutters leaving the pills on the side. She takes off his muzzle and the keys out to unchain the man.

‘Learned my lesson way too long ago’

His eyes never left her figure, he was waiting to see his usual nurse, but it seems that she didn’t survive her last visit.

As soon as she unchains him, he throws himself towards her pinning her down on the ground and looking directly at her eyes.

‘To be talkin’ to you, belladonna’

“Good morning, darling. I highly recommend you to let me out from this dammed cell and I would let you live”

The woman looks with fear at the man hovering her but then sighs.

“I won’t do that”

“Would you rather die, then?”

“My life doesn’t have more value than the others that you plan to hurt”

‘Shoulda taken a break, not an Oxford comma’

They look at each other for a couple of seconds and then the man takes a step back sitting on his original position.

The woman takes a deep breath and sits up and grabs the little cup with pills on it.

“Such depressing thing to say, darling”

“It is not, I’m not an idiot, I know that you were going to kill me once I freed you, and then kill the other outside this cell until you were taking down, so, I rather be your only victim that one of many today”

‘Take what I want when I wanna’

The man arches an eyebrow and laughs.

“Please, take your pills” the woman hand him the little cup.

“I would love to, but my hands are a little tied up” he signals his straight jacket “It looks like you have to put them on my mouth”

“Or you could give me your word that you won’t hurt me so I would loosen your straight jacket”

The man thinks for a second and shakes his head “Nope, it won’t work” he opens his mouth revealing that some of his teeth were sharper than normal.

Slowly, the woman pours the content of the cup on his mouth.

‘And I want ya’

Once he swallowed the pills with the water, the nurse quickly put his muzzle on and chains him again.

“I thought that you said that this was exaggerated”

“It is, but dinner is in an hour and I don’t want the next nurse to get a surprise when she comes in here” she stands up grabbing the tray.

“But I don’t want other nurse” he smirks and tilts his head “Tell them that if they don’t send you with my dinner I would rip apart the next nurse”

(Y/n) looks at the man sitting in front of her and nods.

“Okay”

‘Bad, bad news
One of us is gonna lose’

Every day it was most the same, she was in charge of giving him his pills and food. Sometimes he would talk to her, telling her things about music and books. She would listen to him and sometimes she would join him on the conversation.

Eventually, the nurse was starting to trust the patient and he… was starting to feel very attached to the nurse.

‘I'm the powder, you're the fuse
Just add some friction’

“Tell me, darling” she looks at the woman that was putting his muzzle back on his mouth.

“What is it?”

“Do you think that we were married on our past life?”

She blushes and looks at her side “W-What’s that?”

“I’m starting to think that we are soulmates” he smirks looking at her eyes.

‘You are my strange addiction’

“You see… There’s something on you that makes want to keep you for myself” his eyes flashed more insanity than usual.

“I-I don’t think it’s appropriated to talk like that” she stands up grabbing the tray.

‘You are my strange addiction’

“I’m serious” he doesn’t take his eyes off her “If you stop coming then I will break out of here, kill everyone on here and then chase you down until I can hold you on my arms and taste every inch of your body and after that-”

“Alastor!” she was starting to feel scared.

He just looked at her as she leaves the cell.

‘My doctors can't explain
My symptoms or my pain’

“I don’t understand” a doctor says.

When (Y/n) reported with the doctor, he couldn’t help but feel a little worried for the nurse. At first, when he heard that Alastor was opening up to the nurse, he knew that he wanted to take advantage of the innocent nurse and escape the asylum, but to say something like that.

He knew that sending the nurse back to his cell, would be dangerous for her.

“You would stop seeing him”

“But he said—”

“I know” he sighs “The next nurse would be send with guards, don’t worry”

She nods “Okay… I’m sorry” she mutters.

“It’s not your fault, kid. Now go to the cell 57 and provide her the pills” he hands her a file.

“Yes, sir” she walks away.

‘But you are my strange addiction’

The next day, a new nurse enters to Alastor’s cell with two guards behind her.

Alastor glares at the nurse.

“Where is (Y/n)?”

“She will be no longer your nurse, stand up so I can give you your medicines”

Alastor keeps glaring at the nurse. Then, his usual smirk comes back to his face and stands up.

‘Deadly fever, please don't ever break’

When the nurse goes back to his cell, she sees Alastor passed out on the ground.

“Sir?” she walks closer to him and places her hand on the muzzle “He isn’t breathing” she looks at the guards behind.

‘Be my reliever ’cause I don’t self-medicate’

He was laying on one of the infirmary beds, it’s been two days since he was there and the doctors couldn’t explain why he was so ill but they didn’t let the guard down, he was always secured with a guard.

But that was part of his plan.

‘And it burns like a gin and I like it’

Opening his eyes at the middle of the night, Alastor looks at his side to see the guard sleeping on the chair next to his bed, slowly he reaches for the keys on the guard’s waist to free his handcuffed hand.

‘Put your lips on my skin and you might ignite it’

Once he finishes freeing himself, grabs a surgeon knife from a shelf and looks at the sleeping guard. It has been a long time since he had a proper meal.

‘Hurts, but I know how to hide it, kinda like it’

Cleaning his mouth with his sleeve, Alastor walks around the asylum wearing the guard’s uniform, since it was night there wasn’t many people around, he sees a little emergency map on the wall and finds his way to the administration room.

Once inside of the administration room, he starts looking for (Y/n)’s file.

‘Bad, bad news
One of us is gonna lose’

(Y/n) was reading a book on her bed, she didn’t feel sleepy at all, but she had to sleep since she had to work on the next morning. Leaving her book on her pillow, she gets up and decides that maybe a shower would help her.

‘I'm the powder, you’re the fuse
Just add some friction’

Exiting the shower with a towel wrapped around her body, (Y/n) enters to her room and starts dressing herself up. With a sigh, she sits on her bed and extends her hand to grab her book, however, it wasn’t where she left it.

‘You are my strange addiction’

Suddenly, she hears the radio from her living room turning up. With wide eyes, she slowly walks to the living room.

‘You are my strange addiction'

When she enters, she sees a man sitting on the sofa next to the radio with her book on his hands.

“Well hello, darling” he closes the book and stands up “Interesting book you are reading”

“A-Alastor?”

‘My doctors can't explain
My symptoms or my pain’

“I told you what will happen if you leave me” he walks closer to her.

She takes a step back “T-The doctor said it was the best for the two of us if—”

“I knew it” he had creepy grin on his face.

“You knew what?” she presses her back on the wall.

“That you wouldn’t leave me, it was that doctor’s fault” he hugs her closer to him.

“Alastor…” she mutters, scared of the insane man.

“Now we won’t separate ever again”

‘But you are my strange addiction’