Little Sunshine

Song: You are my Sunshine - Johnny Cash.

Calla hated her twin with passion.

Miss (Y/n) was oh, so perfect on everyone eyes. She had the perfect grades, she can play any instrument perfectly and every dress fitted perfectly on her.

But Calla was more extrovert, she had friend as (Y/n) doesn´t and she used every chance that she had to rub it on her face.

Calla was a gothic girl, she wanted to become a witch to show everyone that she was more powerful than her little saint sister.

●○●○●○●

“C’mon, walk faster” Calla looks behind at her twin as her group of friend laughs.

“Why did you even bother to bring her with us” Luka, one of her friends commented.

“Ugh, my mother wouldn’t let me go out without her”

(Y/n) looks down at the ground as she takes her insults silently, she wanted to come with her sister but it seems that her sister didn’t want to even see her face.

“What a fucking bother” Jack groans looking at the twin behind them.

“Look at the bright side” Darby speaks up “If we have to leave someone behind she would be the perfect one”

They laugh at her comment as (Y/n) sighs, she couldn’t understand why they were so mean.

Everyone stop at the fence in front of the large house.

“So…” Jack turns around to face the group and starts speaking “This house has been abandoned for years now, it belonged to the infamous cannibal man. He was accused of at least dozen of disappearances around here and that the police shot him to death on his own house”

“Oh~ Spooky” Darby rolls her eyes with a smile on her lips.

“I know, right?” Jack takes his backpack off his back “Now, I found this place thanks to our dear Calla” he signals Calla as she bows in front of her friends “And I thought that it’ll be fun if…” he takes an Ouija board out of his backpack “We try to have a little chat this mad man”

“Isn’t it trespassing?” Luka says.

“You aren’t afraid, are you?” Calla smirks and jumps over the fence to the other side.

“Of course I’m not!” he jumps after her.

“Great, because we are not going back” Jack jumps over the fence.

“Wait, don’t leave me behind with the weirdo” Darby jumps after them and they start walking towards the door.

(Y/n) looks at the as they enter the house leaving her behind once again, she hears the gate door opening by itself next to her and with a little smile, she enters the place.

●○●○●

The house was dusty, there was cobweb on the roof and they could hear the squeaking sound of the wood floor.

“It seems that this house has been abandoned for so long” Luka says holding a flashlight.

“I know, it smells like something fucking died in here” Darby covers her nose.

“Well technically, the owner died in here” Jack speaks up while looking at the broken glass on the floor.

“Not here, here” Calla walks to the stairs and turns around to face her friends with a smirk “But in his radio studio” she goes upstairs with her friends following her.

(Y/n) stands alone on the middle of the living room while looking at one old picture on the top of the fireplace, she starts walking closer to the picture and grabs it, she then cleans the dust off and places it back to its original place.

“(Y/N)!”

She hears the angry shout of her sister and quickly runs towards the stairs.

Once she finally reaches the group, she enters inside of a room that looked like an old radio studio. (Y/n) sees the group standing in front of the wall and taking pictures at it, when she walks closer at the wall, she sees many bullet holes with little stains of dried blood on it.

“He died here, right?” Darby points out.

“No, this is a decoration of the house. Of course he was killed here” Jack rolls his eyes.

“Oh, shut it you shithead” Darby frowns.

“Okay, okay stop fighting and let’s play” Calla sits down on the middle of the room.

Everyone sits down on a circle and Jack places the board on the middle of the group.

“Now, everyone put a finger on the eye” they comply at his request and he clears his throat “Is someone here with us?”

They stare silently at the board that stayed still for a couple of seconds.

“C’mon, evil spirit” Calla speaks up “Don’t embarrass me in front of my friends”

Suddenly, the eyes starts moving on circles. They gasp excited, this was the first time that the board actually responded.

“Good, good” Darby speaks “Who is going to talk with it first?”

“I think that Calla deserves that honor” they look at the proud girl.

“Alright, if you insist” Calla chuckles “So… If you are really the cannibal guy then give us some kind of signal”

The eye stops moving and then an old radio on the side of room starts playing and old song.

“You are my sunshine, my only sunshine”

Calla laughs and winks at the group “It seems that the spirit has a crush on me”

Her friends chuckle at her little joke as (Y/n) keeps her eyes on the window.

Calla glares at her, as if her sister wasn’t impressed nor paying attention at all.

“Okay, (Y/n)!” Calla calls the attention of her twin “Why don’t you say something to our friend?”

(Y/n) tilts her head “A-Are you sure?”

Darby groans as Luka and Jake glares at her “Hurry up”

“Sorry” she mutters and looks down at the board “Uhm… Are you friendly?”

They all groan at her question.

“Really?” Calla frowns.

(Y/n) shrugs “I-I never played this, sorry” she mutters.

Then the eye starts going on circles again.

“Look, even he thinks that your question is stupid like you” Jake points the board.

“Why did we even bother to give her a turn?” Luka says.

“For pity” Calla answers “Sorry, I knew my sister was fucking pathetic but I never thought that she would be this lame”

(Y/n) keeps her eyes on the board and notices that the eye stops moving.

“Look, now it left” Darby groans.

“For fucks sake” Luka glares at (Y/n)

“Sorry” she mutters looking down.

Calla sighs “It’s my fault, I should have left her on the fucking dumpster on the way here”

They laugh at her joke until suddenly, they hear a loud knock on the closet’s door.

“What the hell?” they look at each other for a second and they hear the knock again.

“Is there someone in there?” Luka speaks at the closed door.

They keep silent and Jake stands up walking closer to the door.

“Jake” Darby looks at the boy walking to the closet.

“I got this, it must be a rat or something like that” he places a hand on the doorknob and as soon as he opens the door a pair of rats exits the closet startling the group.

They awkwardly laugh at the rats.

“See? I told you” Jake face the group as a big shadow with the form of a hand grabs him from behind pulling him inside the closet slamming the door shut.

“JAKE!” they stand up as they hear the screams of pain inside the closet.

Darby covers her mouth as she looks horrified at door as Calla and Luka runs towards the door trying to open it. (Y/n)’s eyes widens as she takes a step back laying her back on the wall.

Jake’s screams stops as a pool of blood appear under the door.

“Dear God, dear God” Darby keeps repeating.

Calla grabs Darby and Luka’s arm as she tries to exit the room, however, the door shuts trapping the group inside.

“Fuck!” Luka rips his arm off Calla’s hold “I’m not dying here with you” he runs towards the window but before he reaches it a hand breaks the floor under him and grabs him.

“Help!” Luka struggles but the hand grips him tightly letting a loud cracking sound and then pulling him back down.

“No, no, no, no, no” Darby runs towards the board and places her hands on the eye “P-Please, forgive us, l-let us get out of this”

The eye doesn’t move and Darby starts getting impatient.

“C’MON!” he slams the eye on the board, suddenly, a hand appears from the board crushing her head and going back to the board.

“Shit” Calla looks at her twin “This is your fault! You had angered him!”

Before she could say something, two hands appears from the wall to grab each twin lifting them from the ground.

“Take her! I'm a witch and I offer her as a sacrifice, please let me go!”

A big black stain covers the roof and a big shadow head exits from it, approaching (Y/n).

The head didn’t have any remarkable features except for the red eyes and a sharp toothy smile.

When he stands in front of (Y/n), the head tilts a little to the side.

“Why, hello my little sunshine”

“Good day, Mr. Alastor, sir” she giggles.

Calla’s eyes widens at the scene in front of her.

“What— what is happening?” she mutters.

(Y/n) looks with a wide smile at her sister “Calla, this is Alastor” she lays her head on the shadow “The Radio Demon that I invoked through a radio last month”

“How?” her eyes starts watering.

“Well, I was bored so I decided to read your books… a thing led to another and at the end Alastor asked for some human meat”

The hands lowers (Y/n) and she walks closer to her sister.

“I’m a real witch now, Calla. I don’t have a soul anymore but it was worthy”

“W-Why?” she starts sobbing, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

“Because I’m perfect” she tilts her head “I’m the good twin and the evil twin, I’m the naïve twin and the genius one… Also, you were mean to me all this time when I loved you so deeply” she then shrugs “You get what you deserve, I guess”

The shadow starts consuming her body slowly, Calla feels a burning sensation on her whole body.

“Fuck you! I will fucking be waiting for you on hell!” Calla glares at her sister and starts screaming in pain.

“I’ll be counting on that” (Y/n) winks at her as Calla disappears on the darkness and her screams are silenced.

(Y/n) turns around the face the demon behind her.

“Mmm… How I am going to explain this to my parents?”

One of his hands caresses her cheek “You’ll think something”

She laughs and rest her cheek on his hand “Did you like the dinner?”

“I did, little sunshine” he pets her head “Can you bring me more?”

“Sure thing” she smiles widely at the demon in front of her.