A Gift- Kenzie Ziegler

//You surprise Kenzie with a gift!//

//Y/N's POV//

Kenzie had been having a hard time since Maliboo passed, she's had the little baby since forever, so you weren't surprised when she didn't come out of her room for days. But then you decided to change that. Currently, you were at the nearby animal shelter, finding a dog for Kenzie was your main priority but you were also donating treats, blankets, toys and money to the shelter. You were looking through all the cages when one little baby caught your attention. A cute little baby black lab that was jumping at the cage and had her little tongue poking out, her puppy eyes in full affect.

"Excuse me, miss? How much is this one?" You asked, gently holding one of the puppy's little paws in your fingers as you crouched next to the little sweetie

"That one's $100. She just came in a few weeks ago too." She stated, checking up on the other dogs, but you didn't need to look at anymore.

"I'll take her."

//Timeskip//

//Y/N's POV//

You had called Melissa and made sure it was okay getting the puppy, soon back at Kenzie's place to surprise her. Gently, you slowly cracked open the door, the dog in your hands behind your back. Then you noticed she was asleep, tissues scattered around her and her cheeks tear stained. You slowly walked to her bed side, gently moving the dog in front of you, she was just barely bigger than your hands. She sniffed at Kenzie's cheek before licking her cheek over and over. Kenzie grumbled, thinking it was you messing with her.

"Y/N..enough.." She mumbled, pulling her blankets up a little. You snickered, the puppy still kiss attacking the side of her face. This continued until she finally woke up.

"What the heck do you-" She spoke a little annoyed, then coming face to face with the little black lab puppy. Her hands went to her face, tearing up as she gently went to pet her head.

"I know she's not Maliboo..." You trailed off, standing up and sitting on the bed, Kenzie joining you as she gently scratched at the top of the little baby's head.

"No no...she's perfect.." Kenzie stated, gently taking her and bursting out into giggles as the little baby attacked her neck, chin, jaw and cheeks in kisses.

"Does she have a name?" She asked as she looked over to you, as you moved to tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Nope, that's up to you." You stated, Kenzie setting the puppy down to go and explore. Kenzie thought about it for a long time before she settled on a name.

"Cmere (your middle name)! Cmere girl!" Just hearing the clap made the little puppy dash back into Kenzie's room, both of you giggling as she struggled to keep traction. This definitely helped Kenzie and you were really happy that she was happy again.

//idk if Maliboo did pass, but I decided to for the benefit of this story. I hope you guys liked it! I did lol. Let me know what to do next!//