Aiden - Nineteen

19 - Aiden

December

"This job is fucking huge man. I really hope we get it." Cole said laughing as he pulled into the driveway.

"We're the best, they'd be stupid to turn away Jordan's remodel ideas, and even more stupid turning away the only crew that can get this shit done." I looked up from my text with Blair to smile over at Cole.

"I know, but we're a man down right now." Hayes was out for a week because of all the shit that happened with Hadlee last week, he wanted to take the time to just be with her, and Ansley. I don't blame him. Scary fucking shit, just glad all of us were there to help when we could.

"Who are these people anyway?"

"Uh Xavier and Megan Laurance." I nodded. "Ready?"

"Fuck yea." I pushed my phone back in my pocket as we hopped out of the truck. Xavier I'm assuming was already on the porch of the house waiting.

"Cole?"

"Yea, nice to meet you. This is Aiden, he's my right hand."

"Nice to meet you both." Xavier stated and shook both of our hands. "I guess we'll just jump right into it? My wife loved the prints you sent over; I think she had a few very minor changes but she can talk to you about that." We both nodded and followed him inside. The house was nice. Old, definitely needed updating, but that's what we are here for. We followed him into the kitchen.

"This place is nice." Cole stated.

"Yea, once it gets modernized maybe." A woman laughed and slowly turned around and time stood still. My heart started to race and I was instantly pissed off. Have you ever had to pretend you weren't mad, when you actually were? "I'm Megan."

"My gorgeous wife." Xavier said putting his arm around the woman from my past that broke me to pieces, ruined love for me completely. "Let me show you the deck, I think that's where you said you'd be starting?" Cole nodded and followed Xavier out of the room.

"Aiden, you look good."

"Meg."

"What I don't look good?" She smiled and walked closer to me. Within arm's reach and when her hand hit my chest I froze. "You...this...wow."

"What are you fucking doing?"

"What? This is catching up with an old friend." She answered me. I shook my head and looked up.

"I don't want to catch up with you."

"You don't miss me?"

"Not even a little bit."

"Well better get used to seeing me, since my husband is paying your salary." I looked away and shook my head. "Maybe you and I can sneak away, catch up." She slid her hand up my chest till she hit my collar bone.

"You're married."

"With a baby on the way, so what? I'm not allowed to catch up with an old friend?"

"You obviously haven't changed." I tried not to laugh at my own words.

"You obviously have. You used to not be able to keep your hands off me. Remember that? Now, from what I hear you're falling in a different bed every night, unable to settle down because the love of your life ruined you for other women." She faked a sad face. Fucking Satan.

"Well, your source isn't very reliable."

"How so?"

"I'm engaged. To the woman of my dreams, and we have a son, and another kid on the way." A lie laced with as much venom as I could muster up. She huffed obviously irritated by it.