Blair - Twenty-Four

24 - Blair

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve, I'm seriously the happiest person in the world right now. I have an amazing man, an amazing son, just a fantastic life in general and seriously don't think I could get any happier. Well, I guess telling Aiden that I'm pregnant with his kid could make it better, but I'm quite nervous about that, when he opens his present tomorrow he's going to know and I'm freaking out, especially since the last time we had sex was our drunken night.

My parents have Ryder until tonight, they're meeting Aiden at dinner tonight. Figure go big right? I mean Aiden and I are just I guess dating or exclusive or whatever but he's a major part of my life regardless. A knock on my apartment door pulled me from my thoughts. I jumped up from the living room floor where I was wrapping presents and opened the door. Aiden without a word walked in and kissed me, then closed the door.

"Thank you for keeping this locked now." I laughed.

"After Caleb breaking in, I'm surprised I haven't moved out yet." He just nodded. "What's up? I wasn't expecting you this early." He shrugged.

"So...I uh, I got you stuff, you know for Christmas."

"Aiden you didn't have to do that." He looked at me with a smirk.

"You're my girlfriend, I'm pretty positive I'd burn in hell if I didn't get you something."

"Circumstances are different right now; you aren't working being a major one." He waved his good arm at me. It's been three weeks since the accident and he started physical therapy for his shoulder this week. It's been challenging for him.

"I'm salary babe, I didn't stop getting paid, and I won't stop. Only thing I don't get at the moment is my overtime." He shrugged again. "The Weavers' are amazing people."

"That really...they are." I laughed. He took a deep breath which was so amazing to hear him be able to do.

"Anyway, I had a post-op check up this morning and all looks good so they say. Now, back to these Christmas presents. You kind of have to trust me and come with me somewhere." I eyed him suspiciously. "Promise it'll only take like an hour or two, and I'll help wrap the rest of that. I'm pretty decent at it." He smiled shoving one hand in his pocket and the other sitting across his stomach as per usual. He didn't wear the sling much but his arm just kind of was used to sitting in that position.

"Where are we going?"

"To get you all your own gear for the bike. It's present number one."

"Present number one?" He nodded.

"Come on, get shoes on." I laughed and slipped my shoes on. "Can we take your car?"

"Uh sure, why? I hate my car; I think it's about to die."

"Well, it's from 1987, so I wouldn't be surprised. Ansley needed my truck for something." I grabbed my keys and we headed out. Small talk during the drive which wasn't far and Mr. Gentleman still jumped out to open my door for me. I don't open my own doors for anything when I'm with Aiden. Honestly, it's how it has always been with him. "Get whatever you want, full gear that fits and is yours not Ansley's." He laughed.

"Seriously?" He nodded and opened the door to the store following me inside.

"Aiden! What up buddy! It's been it bit man!" The guy threw his hand out to shake Aiden's but Aiden wiggled his fingers and put out his other hand causing the guy to swap hands as well.

"Yea, been a bit crazy."

"Damn dude what the hell happened?"

"Stunt mishap."