Blair - Twenty-Eight

28 – Blair

March

The next few months flew by like crazy; I mean it was already March. Aiden's cast has been off since the middle of January and he was traveling back and forth between here and Dallas for practices with the team when they were home. He was required to also attend all of the home games for the rest of the season and Ryder and I even got to go with him for them. We purchased land near Jordan and Summer and the house was almost completely built, and should be just in time for our son, Ryker, to be here. It took us forever to agree to a name but after many, many lists, we finally agreed to Ryker and both of us love it. We still had three months to go before he was in our arms.

Tonight, we were heading to Dallas for a game and Ryder was extra excited to hang out with some of the other kids that were always there. We were up in one of the suites with the other wives and kids and I was fitting right in, thankfully. I always thought that the wives and girlfriends of pro athletes would be stuck up and snobby. Like the better then everyone kind of attitude, but most of them were so down to earth it was crazy.

"I've got to run down to the locker room." I smiled up from where I was sitting at Aiden and nodded. "Be back in a few. Love you." With a toe-curling kiss, he left.

"Is he a rookie?" One of the wives I haven't met yet asked.

"Yea, I guess he would be considered one?"

"You guess?" She laughed.

"He's 23 so I don't...I'm not up to date on all my hockey lingo." I laughed.

"He's 23?" I nodded again. "I've never seen him before."

"He just signed with the team this season and was injured when he signed so he's only been to practices and games since mid-January."

"Huh. Weird. And you're his wife?" Her questions were irking me.

"Uhm something like that."

"His kids?" She pointed to my belly, then to Ryder. I nodded.

"Laura, leave the poor girl alone." One of the other wives, Braelynn thankfully came to save me.

"I'm just asking about the new kid."

"No, you're interrogating the new kids' lady for information. Just wait until your interview." Braelynn smiled.

"Interview?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry. Laura." She put her hand out. "I'm with ESPN. We caught wind that these guys had a secret weapon." I nodded.

"Don't worry about her, legally she can't say anything until after her interview." Braelynn said sitting next to me. "I love this jersey, how'd you get one when he isn't on the roster yet?"

"Well, it was a Christmas present actually. I got one for all of us and kind of how I announced the baby to him." I laughed. "Though, I got them before I knew he signed."

"Talk about luck! Is that his number then?" I nodded.

"He somehow managed to be able to keep the number he has always been so I definitely got lucky. How old's your little one?" We both laughed.

"Well we don't have any yet" She laughed rubbing her belly. Trust me there won't be a lack of baby stars around here." We both laughed.

"Ladies." I heard Aiden and turned. God was he handsome in his suit. "Going to steal my girl from y'all for a bit."

"Are you from Texas?" Laura asked him.

"I'm supposed to wait to answer any questions until our interview." Aiden smiled.