7.New Year's Resolution

It's been a week since Christmas and the last time I met Jay. I wonder if he enjoyed his holiday and I was kind of curious did he read the note had attached to it or not but I hoped he read that. I went through my holiday by searching for some part-time jobs on the internet with the hope I could find one but I guessed the luck wasn't on my side I didn't get even one. I sighed and I thought my mom was right I should've focused on my study, for now, if I get an A in all subjects, I can receive my scholarship so I don't have to pay the university fee. But the determination in me kept pushing me to find a part-time job so I could help my mom, then suddenly my phone rang it was from Yerim I asked her what she wanted me to do and she said "can we meet at XXXX café? I'm really bored at home, my parents went on a business trip to Jeju and they left me alone at home." "But you've known I've been saving my money all this time since I got fired from my previous part-time job. I won't go there." I said to her. "Please Y/Niee, just for this time, I'll treat you there. please company me, please" she kept begging me to come with her. "Fine, unless you pay it for me then I'm coming" I replied and I could hear her screamed on the phone, it almost broke my eardrums. I ended the call and changed my outfit to this: 

I went to the café and saw Yerim has been there sitting at a vacant table, so I approached her silently and surprised her

I went to the café and saw Yerim has been there sitting at a vacant table, so I approached her silently and surprised her. "AHHHHHH...." She screamed and made the whole people in the café looked at us weirdly. "Ah... yah, why did you do that?" she said completely annoyed. "Hehe, I just wanted to put some pranks on you." I answered her while smile widely. "you made us embarrassed in front of a lot of people and now you're smiling? I don't get you, girl." She looked at me oddly. "I'm happy because you're willing to treat me so I don't have to spend my money on eating delicious food at a fancy café." I smiled like a 5-year-old kid. "You're lucky I'm in the good mood today otherwise, I've kicked your ass right now." she glared at me. "let's order some food, I'm starving" I said that while calling the waitress.

.

.

.

.

Our foods have come in the past 30 minutes ago but we devoured it only within 10 minutes. Yerim told me to stay more longer so we could talk about our new year's resolution. "So, Y/N, what is your new year's resolution?" she asked "Honestly, I don't have a new one, still sticks with the old ones" I said and smiled proudly. "Why? Everyone has their new resolution every year and so do I" she said. "But not with me, I still love my old resolution and I haven't done all of them, like I haven't gotten my scholarship yet, got a proper job, or helped my mom with the financial" I said and looked at my coffee. "Don't be sad, you've worked really hard this year and I believe you can do it better next year. Don't give up, keep your chin up, Y/N. I'm always here for you." She comforted me, I didn't know why but every time she comforts me it always works, I feel happy and relieved with her, maybe that's the reason we can be best friends like now. "Thank you for always there whenever I need your help." I thanked her "That's how friend supposes to do." She smiled. I spent the whole day chit-chatting with Yerim at the café and didn't realize it was getting late outside. "Damn, I should go now, my mom must have worried about me, thank you for the food Yerim, I have a great time today. See you at school tomorrow" I said my last goodbye and ran from the café. When I going out of the café it was raining hard but without thinking too much, I ran without using any protection. I ran as quickly as I can, I finally reached my home all wet and when my mom saw me, she was speechless. "Where did you go, dear? Don't you know I was worry?" she sighed "I'm sorry mom, Yerim called me earlier this afternoon said she wanted to meet me at the café so I went there and without realizing it was already night. I'm sorry for making you worried." I apologized to my mom. "It's okay dear but next time please let me know, at least text me if you want to go somewhere so I wouldn't be worried like this. Now go to your room and change your clothes, after that make sure you have put all your necessaries for school tomorrow." She told me. "Yes, mom." I went straight to my room to change my clothes and rest. I was totally forgetting about the school, I should sleep early so I won't be late for the first day of school tomorrow.