24.Gift

Jisung drove me home but in the middle of the road, Yerim asked me about the bag I have had with me. "Btw, Y/N where did you go while me and Jisung still in the store?" Yerim asked me from the front seat. "Me? I just walked around and sat on the bench near the Han river while admiring the night view, why?" I answered and asked her back. "Nothing, just curious. But if you just walked around why would you have that bag?" now she turned her head to me whose sat on the back seat and pointed to the bag Jay had given me. "Oh, this bag? While I was walking, I saw a cute store, so I went in and bought the teddy bear" I lied. "So, inside that bag, there's a teddy bear?" she asked me still didn't believe my previous answer. "Yes, what else should inside of it" I answered her. "But I thought you don't like teddy bear" she interrogated me. "Well, I think not with today" I said when she wanted to ask me more questions, Jisung stopped her "Stop it, babe, why would you interrogate her? Just let her be. On the other hand, she had bought that teddy. Let her rest" "Jisung was right, I wanted to create good memories with you guys but why you ended up interrogating me?" I asked Yerim while pouting. "Stop with that pout, Y/N. you're not a baby anymore" Yerim laughed at me. it was a long road to my house, but after several minutes of being teased by Yerim, I finally have arrived at my house. I thanked them before I entered my house and I thought my mom was already sleeping so I opened the door quietly to prevent waking my mom up. When I entered my house, my mom was still there, waiting for me while watching the TV. "What are you doing this late mom?" I asked her worriedly. "Of course, waiting for you darling. Have you had fun with Yerim and Jisung?" my mom asked me. "Yes, we made a lot of fun today" I answered happily. "Now, it's time for you to sleep, I have a holiday tomorrow, let's go somewhere. I want to have quality time with you" my mom told me. "But..." She stopped me. "Don't worry about anything. We haven't had quality time together for a long time now, so I want to spend my day off with my daughter" she begged and convinced me, I sighed before I answered her "If you say so, then let's go somewhere tomorrow" my mom just gave me a nod as the answer and after that, I went straight to my room to sleep.

[Time Skip-Morning]

[Jay POV]

I'm going to leave Seoul this night, I've packed everything I need. I didn't pack all of my things here because I have good news that my parents won't sell this house, so I still have some possibilities to come back here near in the future, but there was still a thing that bother my mind. It was Y/N. I couldn't stop thinking about her, I was badly craving her number. Actually, last night I've told my assistant to find some information about Y/N, such as where she lives, her school, etc. This morning, I got another good news before I left, my assistant has gotten her address, so I swiftly grabbed my jacket and went to the mall to buy her something. It took me almost 2 hours for shopping, I never took that long to shop but for Y/N, I think it's different. I wanted to give her the best gift, she has ever received in her life. I didn't fall in love with her but it was more like a sense of apology for what I've done to her, I guessed. In the end, I bought her a cardigan and another doll for her. I hope she would like it and I hope the cardigan would fit her as well. After I've done shopping, I told my driver to drive me directly to her house. don't worry about the present, I've told the cashier to wrap it nicely. When I arrived at her house it seemed empty, so I asked one of her neighbors. "Excuse me, sorry for disturbing you, but can I ask you some questions?" I asked an old lady in her mid-sixty, I guess. "What's that, young boy?" she answered me. "Um... do you know where she might go?" I asked her while pointing to Y/N's house. "Oh, do you mean Y/N and her mom?" she asked me back to reassure my question. "Yes, do you know where they are?" I answered and smiled at her. "Oh, they just left a few minutes ago. If only you arrived here earlier you would have met her" she answered me. "Perhaps, do you know where they go?" I asked her again. "I'm sorry, I don't know about that. But is there something I can help you with? Or why do you want to meet them?" she asked me a little bit curious. "Ah, I just want to give this to Y/N, if you don't mind, can you give this to Y/N?" I showed her the bag. "Sure, I can give that to her when she has come back" I gave her the bag and she received it, but before I went, she asked me another question. "But what should I tell her?" she asked me. "Just say it was from her friend" I smiled at her and thanked her before I went to my car. With that, I left her house with a heavy-hearted feeling. I was really badly wanting to meet her and gave the present on my own but I guess I couldn't meet her but luckily, I've written a note and put it inside the bag, so she could read the note later.