The Sorting Hat

Scene:

At the top of the stairs, a witch with a pointed hat and long robes stood waiting, her posture regal and commanding.

First years began to climb the stairs, their footsteps echoing in the quiet night air.

"Professor McGonagall!" The wizards and witches bellowed in unison as they reached the top of the stairs, their voices filled with respect and admiration.

The woman, who was indeed Professor McGonagall, smiled warmly at the students, her eyes twinkling with a mixture of pride and anticipation.

As the students looked around and chatted amongst themselves, Professor McGonagall stepped forward, her voice carrying across the courtyard.

Professor McGonagall: Welcome to Hogwarts.

"Wait, what! I look like I am 111. How old do they think I am? Such wrinkles and grey hair!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed in disbelief, her hands flying to her face as if to smooth out the imaginary wrinkles.

"Sorry Minnie, you do look 111 now," Sirius Black sniggered mischievously, earning a glare from Professor McGonagall.

"I will agree with you," James Potter Jr. chimed in, grinning at Sirius as they exchanged a high-five.

"Mr. Potter, don't think I won't give you detention once we are back at Hogwarts," Professor McGonagall warned, her gaze fixed sternly on James Jr.

James Jr. simply grinned back at her, showing no sign of concern as he shrugged off the threat of detention.

Professor McGonagall's voice resonated with authority as she addressed the gathered students.

Professor McGonagall: In a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But, before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses-.

Her words caused Harry and Ron to exchange looks of shock, fear, and displeasure.

Professor McGonagall: -They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin-.

Two boys exchanged looks among themselves, their names later revealed to be Vincent Crabbe and Draco Malfoy.

Professor McGonagall: -Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup.-

"Do I really look this intimidating and old to you all?" Professor McGonagall asked, her displeasure evident in her tone.

"No, Professor," came the unanimous response from everyone who had ever been taught by her, shaking their heads in disagreement with the notion.

There was a sudden croak, drawing everyone's attention.

A boy with brunette hair shouted, "Trevor!"

"Trevor! Is that me? They made me brunette too. Damnit!" Neville exclaimed with irritation, glaring at the screen. 

The boy, revealed to be Neville Longbottom, hastily ran to retrieve his toad.

Professor McGonagall watched him with her stern features, her expression unreadable.

Neville picked up the toad and turned to face Professor McGonagall, his expression a mix of embarrassment and apprehension.

Neville: Sorry

He goes back.

"I look so timid and afraid," Neville muttered to himself, his self-doubt evident in his voice.