The Potions Master

Scene:

On the 2nd of September, the bustling corridors of Hogwarts Castle were filled with the excitement of the new school year. Amidst the throngs of students, two figures, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, hurriedly made their way through the labyrinthine halls, their footsteps echoing in the ancient stone passageways. Lost and tardy for class, they finally dashed into the Transfiguration classroom.

As the camera zoomed in, it revealed a tabby cat perched primly on a desk, its amber eyes observing the late arrivals.

"Transfiguration! You two were late and mistook Professor McGonagall for a cat, didn't you?" Bill asked, a knowing grin spreading across his face as he regarded them.

Both boys nodded in embarrassed affirmation, confirming Bill's suspicions.

"She pulls that stunt every year with at least one student," Bill remarked, his grin widening.

At that moment, Professor McGonagall fixed the trio with a withering glare, her stern expression causing them to shrink back in apprehension.

As the tabby cat glanced around the classroom, the students were engrossed in their studies, their heads buried in books or scribbling furiously on parchment. In the midst of the quiet diligence, Vincent Crabbe shot Draco Malfoy a sly glance, to which Draco responded in kind. Across the room, Hermione noticed the exchange and shook her head in exasperation.

Just then, the door swung open, and Harry and Ron burst into the room, their arrival drawing the attention of their classmates.

Ron: Whew! Amazing! Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face when we were late?

The professor fixed Harry and Ron with a withering glare. "You two were always late," she admonished, her voice tinged with irritation.

"Well, Professor, there was Peeves, always shouting 'GOT YOUR CONK' whenever we encountered him. And Filch, and those confounded moving staircases. Anyone would have been late," Harry argued, his tone defensive.

"Exactly, Professor! And don't forget about the warning of a painful death, Mrs. Norris, and the ghosts," Ron chimed in, his frustration evident.

With a resigned sigh, Professor McGonagall rolled her eyes and nodded in reluctant acknowledgment of their points.

"Professor, it's been nearly 30 years since those incidents!" Ron exclaimed, trying to reason with her.

"Alright, alright, enough!" Professor McGonagall interjected, her exasperation palpable.

As the cat leaped gracefully from the desk, it transformed into none other than Professor McGonagall herself, eliciting gasps of amazement from Harry and Ron.

Ron: That was bloody brilliant.

The Muggles watched in wonder, nodding in agreement at the impressive display of magic. Meanwhile, some others couldn't contain their amusement, sniggering at the spectacle before them.

Professor McGonagall: Well, thank you for that assessment Mr. Weasley. Perhaps you would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket-watch! That way one of you might be on time.

Ron's expression faltered, while Harry, taken aback by the professor's stern rebuke, found himself momentarily speechless.

Harry: We got lost!

'"Wait a minute! She told us the same thing," James Sr. and Sirius exclaimed in unison, exchanging surprised glances.

Charlie remarked, "She says that to at least one student every year," she explained matter-of-factly.