The Man With two faces

Scene:

As Harry descended a long staircase, he entered an empty room with pillars encircling it. In the center stood the Mirror of Erised, and before it stood a man. Harry's heart skipped a beat as he recognized the figure – it was Quirrell. A yelp escaped Harry's lips as he instinctively grabbed his scar, feeling a surge of pain shoot through his forehead.

Rose's eyes widened in shock. "Quirrell? But... but why?"

Albus Jr. furrowed his brows, his mind racing with questions. "What's he doing there? Is he after the Stone?"

"It's really him," Scorpius said, his voice tinged with disbelief, as he struggled to comprehend the situation unfolding before them.

Harry: You?

Quirrell turned to face him.

Harry: No. It can't be...Snape. He was the one...

"Come on, stop blaming me. You've seen it's not me," Snape hissed angrily, his voice laced with frustration and indignation.

"We're sorry, Professor, but it's just like 32 years ago," Harry interjected quickly, sensing Snape's extreme anger and wanting to diffuse the tension.

Snape's glare bore into them, his eyes flashing with a mix of fury and resentment at the reminder of past accusations.

Quirrell: Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to me, who would suspect, "p-p-poor s-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"

Harry: B-but, that day, during the Quidditch Match, Snape tried to kill me.

Snape's glare intensified, causing Harry to cower in his seat, feeling the weight of the Potions Master's animosity bearing down on him.

Suddenly, Lily Sr. rose to her feet, her voice ringing out with a mix of anger and protective maternal instinct.

"SEVERUS, I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE ANGRY, BUT YOU ARE CONSTANTLY TORMENTING MY SON AND HIS FRIENDS. YOU NEVER GAVE MY SON ANY REASON TO THINK YOU'RE A GOOD MAN. YOU SAID THAT THE MARAUDERS WERE BULLIES. YES, THEY WERE BULLIES. THEY WERE. THEY ARE NOT ANYMORE. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU DECIDE TO BULLY MY SON BECAUSE HE IS JAMES POTTER'S SON. YOU FORGOT THAT HE IS ALSO MY SON, YOU BIGOTED BULLY. THEY CHANGED FOR THE BETTER, BUT YOU... BUT YOU CHANGED FOR THE WORST. I FEEL DISGUSTED TO BE NEAR YOU. I FEEL DISGUSTED BY YOUR ACTIONS." 

With her impassioned speech concluded, Lily Sr. returned to her seat, her eyes blazing with defiance as she glared at Snape.

Snape, for once, had the decency to look ashamed, his eyes cast downward in acknowledgment of the truth in Lily Sr.'s words.

Quirrell: No, dear boy. I tried to kill you! And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter-curse.

Harry: Snape was trying to...save me?

"Yes! I was doing that exactly!" Snape interjected coldly, his tone icy and devoid of emotion.

"Severus!" Lily warned him sharply, her voice filled with admonishment.

Snape fell silent, a shadow of remorse crossing his features.

Quirrell: I knew you were a danger right from the off. Especially after Halloween.

Harry: Th-then you let the troll in.