TARGET

The next morning, Draupadi and Shikhandini were in the training grounds. Panchali thought if she can learn archery like Savyasachi then Arjun might fall for her the same way.

Soon Shikhandini got distracted as she saw Savyasachi entering the training grounds with a bow in her hands.

"Mind if I do a little training here ?" Savyasachi asked.

"Not at all Rajkumari." Shikhandini smiled.

Savyasachi stood beside them and raised her bow.

"The arrows are right there." Shikhandini said.

"Thank you but I don't need them." Savyasachi said summoning an arrow like how Arjun taught her and hitting the exact centre of the bull's eye.

Both of them looked at her amazed, Draupadi looked down embarrassed, here she didn't knew basics of archery while Savyasachi was outright summoning arrows out of nowhere and hitting the targets perfectly.

"Marvelous !" Shikhandini said.

"Thank you." Savyasachi said.

Both the warrior women got busy with their practice while Draupadi struggled with archery. She wondered if she can even hit her target, that is Arjun.

"Allow me to help you." Savyasachi said to Draupadi.

"What ?" Draupadi looked at her confused.

"You want to learn archery right ?" Savyasachi asked, Draupadi nodded.

"Then I can teach you." Savyasachi said.

"Alright." Draupadi said.

"Firstly, stand proudly, upper body straight." Savyasachi said adjusting her posture.

"Hold the bow like this, arms completely straight and now pull the arrow and see the target." Savyasachi said and Draupadi looked at her.

"Don't see me, see the target, just the target nothing else." Savyasachi said.

"Alright." Draupadi said.

"Now shoot." Savyasachi said and Draupadi let's go of the arrow and hit the target perfectly.

"Thank you for helping me hit my aim." Draupadi said.

"It was my pleasure. Anything to make our friendship better." Savyasachi said.

"Make our friendship better ? What do you mean ?" Draupadi asked.

"Can we talk in private ?" Savyasachi asked, Draupadi nodded and they both made their way outside.

"Draupadi, ever since childhood all the people said 'Savyasachi you are very beautiful.' But I never believed them until now seeing a woman like yourself getting insecure around me. But it doesn't make me happy, not at all, in reality it saddens me." Savyasachi said.

"Why does it make you sad ?" Draupadi asked.

"I always believed, that we as women should always support each other. Celebrate and appreciate each other because when we support each other incredible things happen." Savyasachi said.

"You are everything I aspire to be, strong, beautiful, confident, loved by Panduputra Arjun." Draupadi said.

Listening to Arjun's name, Savyasachi took a deep breath. Does everyone know he has a thing for her ?

"You were born from fire you are strong, and your beauty is unparalleled

"You were born from fire you are strong, and your beauty is unparalleled. Despite being a little insecure, you were ready to learn archery from me, that is confidence. And as per the question of being loved by Arjun, don't worry you will be." Savyasachi said.

"Your words have certainly given me relief Savyasachi, would you like to accompany me to the temple of Mahadev ?" Draupadi asked.

"Gladly." Savyasachi said.

□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

THE WORST THINGS YOU COULD DO TO YOUR SELF-ESTEEM IS COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANOTHER...JUST LIKE HOW DRAUPADI WAS COMPARING HERSELF TO SAVYASACHI NOT REALIZING THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THE FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN THE LADIES. SUBHADRA, MADHAVI, DUSSHALA AND SAVYASACHI HAVE SUCH A GOOD BOND AND NOW DRAUPADI IS ALSO ON THE LIST.

NOTICED THE SYMBOLISMS ?

DRAUPADI’S TARGET IS ARJUN AND SAVYASACHI HELPS HER HIT IT PERFECTLY.

"Firstly, stand proudly, upper body straight"

SAVYASACHI IS TELLING DRAUPADI NOT TO BE INSECURE AND STAND PROUDLY LIKE THE QUEEN SHE IS.

"Don't see me, see the target, just the target nothing else"

THE SYMBOLISM IS THAT SHE IS TELLING DRAUPADI TO ONLY FOCUS ON ARJUN, AND NOT BE BOTHERED BY HER OR THE OTHER WIVES OF ARJUN.