fifteen

[tw]

Sophia exhales a cloud of smoke heavily, sniffling slightly as her icy nose runs from sitting outside in the colder weather. She bounces her knee as she shivers slightly, committed to smoking this cigarette outside.

Dave is an ex-addict so he has a drug, alcohol and tobacco free house.

Fucking Morrisons.

Scott was an addict.

Angela is a narcissistic bitch.

Gabe is a liar, a runner, an alcoholic, a kleptomaniac and a user.

Sophia is an ex-addict who can't seem to shake smoking.

And David, the eldest Morrison offspring, is as sober as a rock these days.

After an awful trip on PCP or LSD or whatever the fuck he was on- blaze of glory cocktail, the only thing he remembers was waking up naked with his ex-wife and best friend.

He promptly decided to get sober and has been sober ever since; almost seven years.

Sophia's teeth chatter as she exhales another drag, her body burning as she thinks about Jax. She blushes as she pictures his rough yet smooth, ringed hand sliding- sneaking up her thigh while his pretty lips press against her neck. She shakes her head, crossing her legs tighter together.

Jax is probably over her so she should move on too.

She can't get back together with Tweety because he's fucking dead.

She's gotta get back out there.

Sophia drops her cigarette butt in the outside trash can then heads back inside, curling up on the couch with the TV's playing some Spanish infomercial on mute, Jax Teller stuck on her mind.

+++

"Shit, I'm sorry." A male voice says, his arm around Sophia's waist. "You alright? I didn't even see you there." He steadies her on her feet, handing her the basket she dropped back.

"Yeah, sorry." She locks eyes with the stranger and blushes slightly. "Sophia." She offers her hand and he shakes it.

"Don." He smiles back, his soft blue eyes running over her face and body. "You don't look familiar."

"Just moved to town some weeks ago."

He chuckles. "Lodi isn't as glamorous as it's made out to be."

"My brother lives here, I moved in with him."

"Makes sense. Where'd you move from?"

"Charming."

"Ah." He nods. "Well, welcome to Lodi." He flashes a sexy grin at her. "Wanna grab some lunch or something?"

"Oh, I gotta get back-"

"C'mon, it's just lunch. I'm not taking no as an answer." Sophia sighs and gives in, trusting this stranger as she walks with him across the street from the small ma-and-pa grocery store to a ma-and-pa diner.

+++

[trigger warning]

Donnie and Sophia have been unofficially dating for nearly three months and she will not put out. Nothing against him, she just can't get herself into a romantic mindset.

Don, on the other hand, says he's fine with it but he's actually getting really tired of fucking around just for her to say she isn't in the mood.