XIXV

January 5th

January 5th

" Good morning YaYa." Mia said, climbing onto the bed.

" Morning pumpkin." I said, kissing her cheek. " Why you up so early ?" I asked, sitting next to her on the bed.

" I didn't want to sleep anymore." she answered.

" You had a bad dream ?" I asked, and she nodded her head. " You wanna talk about it ?" I asked.

" No, I'll just tell nana later." she answered, and I nodded. " Are we going to Uncle Reem's house today ?" she asked.

" No, he's coming here today." I answered, and she nodded.

" Is daddy still home ?" she questioned, and I nodded.

" I'm right here." Yannick said, entering our room.

" Hi daddy." she smiled, jumping into his arms.

" Wassup princess." he said, kissing her cheeks. " Ma you ready to go ?" he asked me.

" Yea, let me get my heels." I said, walking towards the closet.

Today is the day that we go to court with Cynthia. Nervous would be an understatement of how I'm feeling. Besides the fact that I've never been to court I'm scared that the judge might favor Cynthia. It's bad enough the courts made Mia have monitored visitations with her.

I grabbed my heels and made my way to the living room.

" Wassup sis, you look nice." Reem said, as I entered.

" Hey Reem, thank you." I smiled, giving him a hug.

" You welcome." he responded. " Where Raia and Lannah ?" he asked.

" In they rooms sleep, they probably won't be up for another hour or two." I said, and he nodded.

Me and Yannick both went upstairs to kiss Lannah and Raia goodbye before heading out of the door. The whole ride to the courthouse was completely silent.

As soon as we got to the courthouse we were greeted by Yannick's lawyer. He gave us a few reminders before we prayed and then headed inside the courtroom.

When we walked in all of our siblings and parents waved at us.

" All rise."

" Good morning, ladies and gentleman. Calling the case of Yannick Soule and Teyana Broussard vs. Cynthia Alvin. Are both sides ready to present?" the judge opened.

****

" Mr. Soule when were you made of the abuse towards your daughter ?" Yannick's lawyer, John, said.

" Alleged." Cynthia's layer said.

Cynthia of course pleaded non guilt to all of the charges. She and her lawyer were trying to spin it to make it seem like me and Yannick were lying about the whole things just so we could have full custody of her.