Chapter 28

Miley

My eyes opened, staring at the cream coloured ceiling. A yawned escaped my mouth. Taking the support from my elbows, I sat on the bed. Even after sleeping I felt exhausted, mentally.

A rythmic breathing caught my attention. I looked at my right to see Aiden sprawled on the bed sleeping soundly. He was lying on his stomach and his mouth was partly open. The urge to touch his tousled hairs made my hand reach his hairs. The closer my hands went the weirder I felt. But it was a good weird.

My right elbow was supporting my body while my left hand's fingers were playing with his hairs. I was moving some of the strands away from his eyes when they accidentally grazed his forehead.
I looked down to his eyes to find him staring at me with a faint mischievous smile.

In a second, I pulled my hand back and got up from the bed to run to the bathroom. Shutting the bathroom door, I brushed my teeth and hopped inside the shower.

I was standing in front of the door with a towel wrapped around my naked body. Sighing for the fifth time, I mentally prepared myself to leave the bathroom and act normal. As soon as I opened the door, a pair of eyes fell on me. I stiffened and strode towards the closet to pick some clothes. Making a run to the bathroom to change I heard Aiden chuckling.

Finally, I stepped out of the bathroom properly dressed. Avoiding his stare, I picked up my phone to pretend I was doing something important.

"I saw you checking me out in my sleep" he said annoyingly.

"I wasn't" I muttered still pretending.

He didn't say anything except shaking his head and leaving me alone in the room by going in the bathroom.

I looked up from my phone, and the memory of last night hit me. I realised how happy my morning started when I wasn't aware of the condition I was in. My brain painfully showed me the dream again and again. The lake in which I was swimming, it was blood. Sensing a chill in my body, I felt my mood darkening. Trying my best not to remember those memories, I looked around to do some stuff. But before I could think of something Aiden was already out of the bathroom.

"Okay so I'm ready,now we are goin-" he paused immediately when he understood my expressions.
"Are you okay?"

I wanted to speak but my body didn't let me. I sensed myself surrounding by his arms and him whispering things in my ears.

"I'm here with you, you know that right. If you want to talk then I'm all ears" he said squeezing my hand reassuringly.

Nodding, I concentrated on his heartbeat which was peaceful.
After a moment of not getting enough of his heartbeat he seperated us.

"So as I was saying, we are going to do some changes in our life" he said and leaned towards me. I had to lean back when he was too close but that didn't stop him. He stopped at one point and flashed me a smile, he knew what he was doing. His hands reached behind me to pick up a notebook before going back to his initial position.

"Here" he showed me the page where he had written some timetable.
"First thing in the morning, meditation. It will help us to relax and attain peace mentally. Then physical excercise like walking, jogging or skipping. It will help us to stay fit physically. And I'll explain the rest later, so let's start with the meditation" he finished closing the notebook and leading me to the centre of the room.

"Any questions?" He asked.

"Why are we doing this?" I asked.

"Because it is important. I need you in good condition and meditation is the cure. Now just sit on the floor with your legs crossed" he ordered trying his best to look intimidating. Following his order I sat on the floor crossing my legs.
I saw Aiden doing the same and putting his phone between us. He clicked on resume and a meditation video started playing.

Closing my eyes along with the woman in the screen, I listened to her shrill but calming voice which was fainting due to the increase in nature's sound. I tried focusing on my breath as said in the video.
Another deep breath escaped my body and I found myself feeling lightness.

The woman again spoke in a thick Indian accent telling us to rub our hands and placing them on our eyes. Doing so, I opened my eyes feeling something new in me. More fresher than usual. The exhaustion I was feeling earlier had escaped from my body.

Aiden was already looking at me.
"How was it?"

"Relieving" I replied holding his hand which he offered me to get up.

"I'm glad you did" he said.

We both stood there enjoying the serenity developed in the short period. His fingers barely grazed my cheek sending weakness to my knees.

The alarm suddenly broke our unnamed invaluable time. He picked up his phone, dismissing the alarm. "Let's go."

With that being said Aiden collected the water bottle filling it with water. He stood in front of me, in one hand the water bottle was being held and on the other he had my shoes.

"Hurry up, we are going out" he said keeping the shoes on the floor before going to wear his own.

Suddenly the word 'out' ignited the fear that was temporarily hid in my brain. Different thoughts started invading my mind. The thought of being around people sent me terrifying.

"Hey, you ready?" Aiden brought me back from my misery.

"I-I can't go out" I complaint ruefully.

"Why?" Now he was completely in front of me, squatted.

"I can't in front of... People" I said shaking my head in fear.

"There won't be anyone. It's 4:30 in the morning" he replied showing me the time.
"No one will be out there."

He held my hand giving it a light squeeze and said "trust me,please."

Helping me wear my shoes, he got up, me following him like a scared child.

As soon as we came out I was confronted by cool breeze flowing. As I enjoyed the breeze Aiden took out his earphones and plugged it my ears. I followed Aiden's step and started walking. The steps soon started going faster and faster and I found myself jogging along with him.

I listened to the lyrics of the song playing in my headphones which were addressed to a woman who didn't have self confidence. The lyrics assured her that pretty's on the inside and she would realise it one day.

After the song ended I was anxious to ask Aiden the name of the song but the other song distracted my attention.

Taking out the headphones I asked "where are we going?"

"Nowhere, just keep running with me" he said putting the headphones back.

I saw him saying something but didn't hear due to the music playing in the earphones.

Coming to an end, I craved for water. The water bottle was offered in front of my face which I accepted gracefully. Swigging the water from the bottle, I looked at the figure watching me intently.

He turned around and started walking only for me to follow him. Suddenly, my eyes caught another guy who was approaching us. The adrenaline increased resulting in me hearing my heartbeat. I looked at his eyes looking at me which sent me terrified.

Aiden's hand gently led me by my shoulder to his other side away from the guy. My body hid from his, providing me the relief I wanted.

~~~~~~~
Sorry for the late update I was depressing lately.

After reading Attack on Titan (manga), I have a right to depress, don't I?