Chapter 35

Miley

"I think you are overreacting" I whispered.

He groaned again and I felt the vibration on my stomach that gave me goosebumps.

I was sitting on the bed, my back was getting supported by the headboard and my hands were forced to work on Aiden's hairs. His face was buried on my stomach and his hands were clung to either side of my waist while the rest of his body was on the bed covered by the warm comforter.

"I could have done better" he said again.

"But you didn't" I blurted.

"You are not making this better" his grip tightened around my waist as he shifted his head a little higher making me shift my weight to headboard more.

"What if I stay unemployed for the rest of my life?" He asked making another crying like noise.

"Didn't you say you were going to work for your uncle for some months to gain experience?"

"But what if I mess up?"

Before I could think of answering the door opened abruptly making both of us flinch. Aiden raised his head from my stomach to look at the person who turned out to be Cole.

"Miley" he squealed dramatically opening his arms and jumping on the floor like a kid. I was about to get up when Aiden held my wrist and stood up from the bed.

"Don't you know how to knock?" He said in monotonously.

"Step away, I want to get comforted by someone who cares about me" he said narrowing his eyes, "unlike you."

Skipping Aiden, he hugged me.
"I don't think I aced my exam this time. Comfort me."

"You never did" Aiden turned and seperated him from me.

"Shut up b*tch. At least I'm not lying about not doing well in exams like you" he said and raised his index finger in air making a semicircle.

"I'm not lying and I never said I didn't do well... I said I could have done better" he responds while coming closer to us and holding my wrist to pull me towards him.

"They both are the same thing" Cole gasped dramatically, holding me in his arms.

"Let go of her" Aiden warned.

"No, you let go of her" Cole matched his tone.

"Are you all gonna ignore us?" Then only I noticed Mia, Zayn and Sam were standing outside the room looking at the drama being unfold.

I looked at Aiden glancing at Cole one last time before walking out of the room.

"What is his problem?" Mia said walking towards me. Cole shrugged, loosening his grip from my shoulder and letting Mia take his place.

As soon as the boys left the room after Aiden, Mia caged me with a tight hug.

"I missed you."

"I... Missed you too" I said looking everywhere but in her eyes.

"I have so much to talk about but before that get ready. We are going out" her voice raised and a huge smile appeared on her face.

Nodding, she left me in the room alone as I took off my pajamas and hoodie.

*

"Didn't you say we were going to the club?" Mia asked Cole. I turned to look at her who had her eyes set on the bold letters stating 'Escape Room'.

"Yeah" I heard Cole answer.

"Let's go" Zayn entered following Sam who I didn't know entered until I saw Zayn entering.