Chapter 36

Aiden

Our excursion was short lived by the continuous ringing of my phone which I already tried ignoring twice.

"What?" I whisper yelled at the intruser who was none other than Cole. Obviously!

"We are all waiting here. Where are you guys? Hurry up and pick us up" he said while I could hear others voices too complaining about the lack of transportation which me and Miley took away.

"Yeah, coming." I hung up before he could torture my ear by one more word.

"Are you awake?" I asked Miley who had her head on my shoulder for a while now.

I heard her hum and then helped her seating on her earlier seat.

*

Taking another shot after hearing an earful lecture from everyone for taking the car and making them wait half an hour, I looked at Miley. She was better now but wasn't feeling the best which I wanted her to feel.

She still had her mind busy on the memory she talked about earlier.

I held her hand causing her eyes to meet mine.
"If my daughter asks me to buy something she liked in the middle of a f*cking night, I would go. I would f*cking run for her. And I promise you that I would not feel anger or disappointment doing that... In short I would be glad to see a smile on her face", her brows furrowed at first but then went back to normal.

"It's not a burden Miley, it's a memory. It is a memory we should talk and laugh about. We should laugh how stubborn kid you were like all other normal kids on this planet. And it also proves how much your father loves you, that he even went to buy something for you without caring about the time" I said to the woman who was looking at her untouched drink.

I had no idea whether she agreed or not but I did know that she was relaxed now. Her breath was normal and her leg stopped shaking too.

"Miley" Mia came rushing to her side and held her hand to drag her to the dance floor. I looked at her attentively for any nervousness or discomfort she felt. Observing her for a minute, she didn't dance but she didn't feel uncomfortable too which was a good thing. I saw Mia dancing close to her and telling her something making her smile which made me smile until I realised that Mia was into girls. All the easiness in me vanished and I felt a pang of jealousy in me.

"Have something to say or are you going to stare at her treating all of us like ghosts" Cole sat beside me.

I sighed amd said "I'm sorry."

I was a fool to fight with Cole the other day just because of my feelings.

"You should be man. You literally yelled at me for no reason" he took another sip of his bear.

"I had a reason... It was just..." I was ashamed to admit my feelings I felt when I saw him with Miley. I hated to see him caring for her. It was my responsibility and only mine. Why was he so bothered?

"Are you going to speak or should I do all those witchcraft to force you to speak?"

"I was jealous."

"Jealous of what? My d*ck being bigger than yours?"

Giving him a glare, I replied "your closeness with Miley."

"Dude" he looked at me with wide eyes. "You gotta be kidding me. She's my friend and your girlfriend. Why would you be jealous? And no, don't worry I don't feel those tingly things towards her."

I felt relief but was vanished when I saw Mia's face closer to Miley's. I looked at Cole who was smirking at me.
"You do know Mia is lesbian, right?"

F*ck this!

Walking towards Miley, I held her hand and pulled her towards my chest making her stumble on her heels and her hand resting on my chest.

"Dance with me" my hands wrapped protectively around her waist and pulled her as close to me as possible.

"Don't bother, he's acting all alpha recently" I heard Cole speaking to Mia who laughed looking at me.

I sometimes regretted the life choices I made, today was one of those days. I wished I never talked to this f*cker I called my friend. Always had to butt-in in my business.

Moving my eyes back to the woman I was holding in my hands I met her wide eyes staring at my face making me feel insecure about my face.

"Hi" I said making her giggle. After a long time she giggled. Today was a special day but tomorrow would be more special when I would show her her birthday present.

I was planning this for a week now, I even talked to Jessica about this the other day. She was really happy to see the progress Miley made. She even told me how happy she felt when her friends came to visit her. The nightmares she had were also getting less night by night but didn't stop. Her anxiousness and flinching didn't stop either and she still overthink but was getting better. That was what I wanted, for her to get better.

Her soft breath hit my neck and a chill was spent to my spine making me shiver which unfortunately she noticed too when her eyes looked at mine.

I looked down at her lips which looked extra kiss-able today than before.

If only I could kiss those lips without scaring her.

*
I pulled up the comforter over my body when I heard a knock on my door.

I opened the door to see Miley with her pillow in her hands, standing outside.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" I knew I was slightly scared about the reasons for her standing in front of my room.

"Can I sleep here tonight?" She asked.

"Why? Did you have another nightmare?" My hands stopped on her shoulders to calm her if she was scared.

I breathed in relief when she shook her head.
"I just wanted to sleep here. It felt weird sleeping alone in that room" she whispered.

I started doubting on today. How the hell today could be so good?

"Aiden?" I heard her and realized that I was smiling like a fool.
Clearing my throat I gave her space to step in.

Mumbling a 'thank you', she entered the room unknown of my gratefulness for her presence in my room, on my bed, next to me.

I closed the door and the thought of being alone in the room hit my brain.
Don't think about it you a*shole.
I turned to find her sitting on my bed. A weird excitement ran in my body thinking about sleeping with her.

I walked to my side of the bed and slipped inside the comforter, making sure not to touch her.

Switching off the lights, I tried closing my eyes but all the tiredness and sleep disappeared. My body was fully aware of the presence of her next to me giving me excitement as well as nervousness. I didn't know why I was nervous even though we had been intimate and slept together.

Because this was the first time she initiated?

My brain reasoned which seemed correct. I felt another jolt of happiness in my body and I knew I was smiling like a creep.
Thank the lord that the lights were off or else Miley would have been scared seeing me like this.