13|litotes

litotes:(n.)understatement, especially that in which an affirmative is expressed in by the negative of its contrary, as in "not bad at all"

)understatement, especially that in which an affirmative is expressed in by the negative of its contrary, as in "not bad at all"

I should succeed in this, there is no way I could fail.

After many questioning and investigation, I finally found one of Emilio's warehouses and I am heading there. The day is at the peak of ending, while I am driving on an empty road with two cruisers behind me. I told them to follow me careful not to be visible. I have a plan in mind.

The trees are dancing in a sluggish yet lazy motion with the light air. I park and step out of my car a yard away avoiding the risk of getting caught too early. I usher the team to keep in touch with me in case of emergencies.

I tiptoe my way, my eyes catch several men guarding the area, tall dressed in black and of course with loads of guns. Well, I brought mine with me also.

Wearing black will help a lot in my mission. I approach the big metal door, glancing at the pair of broad men, wearing black dark suits, both had their hands in their pockets.

One arched a brown eyebrow at me, probably wondering about the reason I am here.

I near them when the taller one raises his hand in an attempt to stop me. "I need to enter, "I demanded, running my tongue over my teeth.

"Whoever you are, no one is allowed in here" he exclaimed his lips narrowing into a thin line.

"As a detective, I order you to let me in"I expressed, raising my police ID for him to see.

"There are rules I have to follow Ma'am."He argued, eyeing his buddy then clicked on his earbud for a few moments then let out a defeated sigh.

"Fine, come."He urges me forward, motioning me to step closer to him. I do as he says and lift my head while he slides a machine over my body from the front and the back regardless he doesn't check my legs, it beeps where it meets my gun placed under my waistband and he takes it from me.

"You can enter."He follows me. I saunter through the dark hall of the building. Wow, this place is filled with men. Somebody calls him so he disappeared.

I come closer to a guy, his back facing me. I take the opportunity, placing one hand over his mouth while the other around his neck he protests for a few moments shoving his hands in the air, trying to break my grip apart but finally I crack it. I lay his body on the floor, taking his pistol for protection. Before I leave I snatch his phone, I type Jasper's number. He instantly opens "Are you okay, Val?" concern filled his voice.

"Yeah, yeah. I want the team to surround the place and enter once you hear a gunshot, okay?"I hushed into the phone.

"Deal, but please take care of yourself. You know Emilio wants you dead."I answer him with a 'hmm' then close the call, shoving it to the ground and smashing it with my boots.