19|aspettati l'inaspettato

aspettati l'inaspettato:(s.)expect the unexpected(Italian)

I enter the questioning room Jasper has been working in, to find him there

"What did he say?" I ask him with wonder, seeing him seated next to his desk.

"Sandros' Ortez men, what about you?" He rubs his beard.

"The same thing," I confess.

"We should search and find more information about him." He offers.

"That is our next step." I agree with him as I see some officers leading prisoners to where they belong to.

"From where should we start?" He asks, standing from his seat.

"We can check out the archives down."

"Yeah, that is a great idea." He cheers merrily.

We head downstairs, walking beside each other.

As I know that the archive room, where every detail of every single crime and information of many criminals is found.

We reach the room. Opening the door, I walk inside as Jasper does the same.

I make my way through it, glancing here and there and wiping the dust from shelves, my eyes never stop searching for the name Sandros Ortez.

Jasper goes to the left side while I go for the opposite. A lot of criminals' names cross on the books in front of me, but none what I was searching for.

"Valentina, come. I found him."Jasper's voice startles the shit out of me, nearly making me fall.

"I will be there, just a minute," I shout back.

As I trudge towards him, I see him shuffling through the book.

I take it from him and read loudly: "Sandros Ortez died on the age of twenty-seven on twenty-four  November."

"Wait, he died the same day Seth and Juliane did."I thought loudly.

I continue "He worked in trading drugs, mainly nicotine and cocaine. He started at the age of twenty-four to trade shipments with the middle east and some in Canada. On that day, it was announced that he was dead."

This was a small summary of his information.

"What do you say?"I ask him.

"This info is not enough." He sighs heavily.

"We need to find more then."

"There is an old woman who lives in this city. Everybody says that she knows a lot about the mafia and their shit since she was a spy."He suggests before he closes the archives and puts it in its place.

"So what are we waiting for? Let us go."

I steer, taking a big step, Jasper behind me.

We ambit the police car, opening it as I do the same, he enters and starts it.

                            ꨄ︎

I step out, rubbing my neck slightly tired from our work.

Jasper is holding Sandros' info in his hands while he calls someone I don't know.

An old house, surrounded by aged trees and colourful flowers. Its garden is filled with life and cheerfulness, I couldn't describe.

"Valentina, sorry I should leave." He apologizes, looking guilty after he hands me the file.

"Why?" He ignores me, heading off

What happened to him?

I knock on the massive wooden door. Three knocks and no answer.

I sigh, getting in the garden to explore it.

"And we met again."

Oh my lord.

It is him, with his voice and aura that I could feel a mile away

I turn to see him, standing there, hands on his hips, looking at me from head to toes. His eyes resting on my full lips then travelling down to take in my figure.

I peer at him beneath my lashes, his blue eyes held mysterious intensity. Several tattoos peeked from the collar of his shirt and sleeves almost covering them all.

"What do you want, Emilio?" I implore, getting annoyed.

"I could ask you the same question." He states, taking a cigarette from his pocket and sighting it between his gorgeous lips before he lights it and approaches me.

"I am searching for something. What about you?" Curiosity now is running in my veins.

"The lady here called for me, so I came." He shrugged nonchalantly.

He is now standing next to me, looking at the flowers I was admiring.

Then he blows the smoke in my face, causing the papers to fall from my hand.

"Asshole" I note.

Before I get the chance to grab them, he was quicker than me.

As he reads them, he arches an eyebrow.

"You are looking for him then." He proclaimed

"Yeah," I admit, he seems irritated now.

"But I killed him, so stay away from his bullshit." He concedes, not meeting my eyes.

" He concedes, not meeting my eyes