Carry Me, Sailboat

Setting: Post-Finale, pre ScarlettxJulian marriage
Part 2 of "I Think I'm In Love"

     Julian was currently away from Valenda, finalizing some loose ends that were also known as Caraval. He had told Scarlett that as long as he was by her side, he no longer wanted to be ageless. He wanted to start a new chapter in his life with her.

     It was what inspired Scarlett to do what she was doing now. Getting a reminder of the new chapter in her life that Julian had started for her months back.

     She couldn't believe she was doing this. Scarlett didn't know what wacked up demon possessed her to even consider the thought, but Caraval had changed her. Julian changed her even more. He helped her realize what it was like to live, not just survive.

     "Your Majesty, are you ready?"

     Scarlett glanced down at the inside of her left wrist, a now clean patch of skin which was about to be dyed with ink. She squirmed a little in the chair nervously, now wondering what Julian was thinking whilst he was in her same position.

"I am," she breathed, flinching as she heard the buzz of the tattoo gun.

Her eyes focused on the lighting fixture as she felt the sting of the ink being freshly tattooed onto her skin.

Before long, the tattoo artist clicked the gun off, and motioned for Scarlett to give her feedback about the tattoo. A tiny sailboat on the inside of her wrist stared back at her, and a warm grin spread across her face.

"It's perfect, thank you." Scarlett still couldn't believe she did it. Not once in her life did she ever imagine she would get a tattoo. Yet there she was, forever changed by the love of her life; and what a wonderful change it was.

❤️🖤🌟🎩🌟🖤❤️

"Well, Crimson, I am no longer ageless and no longer permanently part of Caraval," Julian announced as he walked into his wife's arms in the palace foyer.

"Have I told you how proud I am?" Scarlett threw her arms around Julian's neck, her eyes boring into his.

"Only every day." Julian's arms settled around her waist in turn, and Scarlett felt as if they were about to dance.

Her lips touched his, gentleness deepening into something more lustful and intimate, tongues sliding against each other as they kissed their hello's.

As they pulled apart, Julian's eyes widened as he realized there was a bandage around her wrist. "Crimson," he began, and Scarlett hummed in response. "I know what kind of bandage that is."

"You do?" Scarlett asked, a hint of playfulness in her voice.

"In fact, I had a similar one a few months ago. Don't you remember?"

Scarlett felt her body warming as her fingers traced over the tattoo on his forearm. "How could I forget?"

Breaking the moment, Julian broke into laughter. "I can't believe you got a tattoo!"

Scarlett could feel a giddy laugh passing her lips as well. "I don't think I can either."

"Can I see it?" Julian asked when his laughter stopped, his finger gently rubbing circles on her bandage.

"If you wish."

Julian slowly peeled back the corner of the bandage, careful not to hurt her. Julian's lips parted as he looked at her sailboat and his eyes crinkled.

"It felt fitting considering I first knew you as a sailor, and the new chapter in my life began with you and a boat. It's simple enough for my taste; just like you wanted a reminder of me, I wanted a reminder of you for the rare moments when we're not by the other's side."

Julian rubbed the bandage back over her tattoo before his lips pressed firmly against it. "Words cannot describe how I feel about you, Crimson. Every time I think, there's no way I could love this woman more than I already do, you do something like this and I'm proven wrong. My feelings grow stronger for you by the day, and I don't even know how that's possible."

"My love," Scarlett whispered, "my sailor," she added with a giggle. "You always know just what to say to pull on my heartstrings."

Julian's hands drifted to the back of her dress. "I could also pull on your corset strings, if that's what you desire."

Scarlett scoffed, but as Julian loosened her corset, she found it a little easier to breathe even as her heart rate quickened. "Are you ready to follow me to bed, husband?"

"Forevermore, wife." Julian's hand moved to clasp hers. "I'm always ready to follow you anywhere."

A/N
Me not resorting to angst while stuck in writer's block? This really is shocking news...
I'm very sorry for being so inconsistent with posting, but I'm hoping to get back schedule soon!
I have a bunch of unfinished drafts that I'm hoping to get posted, so stay tuned for those.
Thank you to all of my readers, you are all so very appreciated. Happy reading <3