32: Best Friends or Lovers VI

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed. I greatly appreciate votes, and I always love to hear your feedback on my one shots, so any comments are always welcomed. I do also take requests, so feel free to leave them below. Thank you again.

At the Reyes Family party
I can tell TK is nervous, I mean he's never met any of my family besides my parents, and siblings. So I can understand why it's nerve wracking for him, I've tried talking him out of coming with me all week. He just wouldn't change his mind, and I'm glad he didn't. I'm also feeling guilty for him being all nervous, he's mainly nervous because he's meeting my not so accepting family. "Baby, we don't have to go. We can just stay in the car and leave, I'm not going to make you deal with them if you don't want to." I said, as I could feel the slight shake in his hand. He just shook his head, as he glanced back at my Tia Lucy's house. "No, I want to be here for you. That's exactly what I said I was going to do, and I don't lie to my boyfriend. So come on, let's get this over with."

I just sighed as he quickly got out of the car, it took me a few extra seconds to finally work up the nerve. Okay, maybe it was more than a few seconds because TK had enough time to walk around and open my door. "Come on, we don't have to stay long if you're uncomfortable. We just have to show them that no matter what they say, it won't change who you are. They just need to accept that fact."  I just smiled at him, as I nodded. "Okay." I said softly, as I leaned down to kiss his forehead. I actually didn't feel anxious about my family possibly seeing me be physical with my boyfriend. "I love you, no matter what they say. Their ignorance won't change anything between us, I just need you to know that."

"I love you too, thank you." He gave me a questioning look when I said that. "Thank you for coming with me, even though they won't change how they act just because you're here. Thank you for just being here for me, and just for being you." He just smiled, before he stood on his tip toes to pull me into a quick kiss. That was before we heard my cousin, yell out the window to us. "Leave room for Jesus boys, he's probably still trying to fix all the other lady boys like you two." I just sighed, because I was kind of hoping they would act more decent since I had my boyfriend with me.

"Carlitos, oh don't you look so handsome." I heard Tia Lucy call as she hurried over to hug me. I couldn't help smiling, because she always tries to help me avoid the homophobic comments. I slowly let her out of the hug, after a few moments of just hugging her. She truthfully is my favorite family member, which is rotten to say, but the rest of my family isn't exactly friendly towards me anymore. "Oh, and who is this handsome man? It better be TK, or we'll have issues." She said as she motioned between her and I. I just nodded my head, as I smiled when she said that. "Yes, this is TK. TK this is my Tia Lucy, you'll want to be on her good side."

"It's so nice to meet you, Carlos tells me stories about you all the time." TK said, but Tia Lucy pulled him into a hug which kind of cut him off. I guess he wasn't expecting it, because he looked pretty surprised. "Tia Lucy, you're kind of crushing my boyfriend. Can you loosen up a little?" I said, before laughing as she finally let him go. "Carlos, you might be my favorite but you can still end up on my bad side." She said as she pointed at me, which she does a lot to everyone else. "Back to you, don't worry about my bad side you're far too handsome for that, and you're too good to Carlos to be on my bad side. He talks about you constantly while he's over."

"All good things I hope." He said softly, as he smiled up at me. I couldn't help smiling back, even though I was a little embarrassed that she told him I talk about him a lot. "Oh, Carlos don't be embarrassed. You've got yourself quite the charmer. And those eyes are just as beautiful as you made them sound." Tia Lucy said, as the embarrassment just kept getting worse. "Alright, let's head inside I have a few things to finish before dinner. I could use some help, since your cousins aren't confident enough in there sexuality to help. I don't know they seem to think helping cook or clean, will somehow make them gay. Which it doesn't matter if they are, but it won't make them gay. It would definitely help them get a girlfriend, because their personality won't help them."