chapter twenty-nine

This place was a place Regulus had never seen.

"As you can see it's a pub like the Leaky Cauldron. Except for Muggles. And not all of them should I say," he told him over the loud music.

"It's supposed to be like the Leaky Cauldron?" said back the boy, confused.

He looked around and saw nothing alike to the place they had been some minutes before. It was dark and full of flashy lights. There was loud music and people dancing wearing clothes he didn't know even existed. Muggles were weirder than he would have imagined.

"So, is this a place for eccentric Muggles?"

"Oh you could say this," chuckled Ariel as he walked to the bar. "What do you want to drink?"

"I have no idea."

"They have Firewhisky but it's less strong."

They arrived at the bar and Ariel asked for two Firewhiskies like he would usually do. Regulus didn't miss the look of confusion on the barman's face.

"Here are your two whiskies," he told them while serving the glasses.

"When you said you wanted to have fun, you meant you wanted to get drunk?"

The blond boy laughed at his words while sipping on his glass and turning around to face the dance floor.

"Not really. I just wanted to come here."

"Why here?"

"It's my favorite gay bar," just shrugged the boy.

"Gay bar? You mean this is a pub only for gay Muggles?" asked the boy looking around.

"Yeah."

"So that's how gay Muggles look like..." muttered the young boy, slightly surprised.

"Muggles have always been different, it's not new," chuckled his eldest.

"Have you shagged any of them?" curiously and more quietly asked Regulus.

Ariel looked at him surprised by his words but he wouldn't stare back. "No, never with Muggles. I only flirt with them."

"Do you come often?"

"It has been long since last time because I always spend holidays with you now," laughed the blond boy. "But I started coming when I was sixteen."

"And so you expect me do that ?" said the young boy while looking around and seeing different couples kissing and people dancing with each other, barely any space between their bodies.

Ariel just laughed as his eyes roamed the large room as well. "Reg. Don't worry. There will be no Ivanna Flint to bother us or no stupid Dale Penley to attack us. Nobody to shame us. We're free here."

No matter how comforting Ariel tried to be, Regulus couldn't help but feel uneasy. He liked intimacy, he liked his intimacy with the older boy, he liked keeping that a secret, it was their thing - something he didn't want anyone to know about.

"I'm still gonna have fun," he murmured while placing a kiss on his temple before taking a sip of his drink.

He left the boy's side to walk around in the club. Regulus watched as he stopped at the other side of the bar where he started talking to a guy, looking much older than them. He frowned at the sight. The boy, feeling a little upset, walked up to them.

"What's your name young boy?"

"Ariel. You?"

"Ariel? That's surely uncommon. I'm Johnny. Should I offer you a drink?"