Chapter 14 - All the cool kids are saying it now

TEMPLAR GARDEN, VIRGINIA

"You came all this way so I can tell you a story?!"

After returning from Church with Nate greeting Stefan with a brief, 'Hey, Drac!' The three sat around the dinner table as Nate looked at them with a raised brow, "I know it's been a while, Kid. But you can always come home; you don't have to think up a shitty excuse like that."

Aella rolled her eyes, "I'm serious, Uncle Nate."

"I know," He smiled, reaching over and bopping her nose with his finger. "You look so much like your mother when you do; it's so goddarn adorbs." He turned his gaze to Stefan, "Yes, I said, adorbs. All the cool kids are saying it now."

Stefan nodded at Nate amused, it was never boring around Nate and Aella, "I'll take that on board."

"See that you do," Nate winked at him. "I'm like totes amaze in with the cool kids."

Aella groaned, suddenly realizing how her friends felt when she was like this, "Unc, please! The story."

Nate frowned, looking between her and Stefan, "What? You're serious."

"Yes!" Aella exclaimed. She reached into her bag and pulled out the moonstone, placing it before Nate, who immediately picked it up. "We think the story has to do with this stone."

"Ooohhh, shiny," Nate admired the stone. He glanced at the two, "So smooth, too."

"Elena said that you told Aella the story when she was younger?" Stefan asked Nate, who was still ogling the stone.

"Huh?" Nate finally looked away from the stone. "Oh, yeah," he snorted. "Worst idea ever!"

Aella raised an amused brow, "Because you failed at scaring a FIVE-YEAR-OLD, or because it back failed spectacularly?"

Nate thought back to that time, "I'm gonna go with both." Then, he winced, "But your mom walking in on me telling you the scariest part and you laughing could be one of the scariest moments of my life. She was pissed."

"I wonder why," Stefan said in a deadpan voice.

"I was scarred!" Nate squeaked, pointing towards Aella, "This little gremlin made me repeat it for like a month. Every. Night! Especially when she had a sleepover, then it was like twice a night."

"It serves you right," Aella smugly told him. "Where did you find the story, anyway?"

"In my dad's library," Nate grumbled. "Your storybooks were so boring. I remembered reading it when I was younger and thought it would be a cool story. Some bits were a bit boring, so I zazzed it up."

"By naming your characters, Vincent Vein Gogh and Lycan Howlike," Aella screwed up her face. "Yeah, because such creativity is on the same wavelength as Tolkien and Jane Austen."