Chapter 75 - Jenna, Jenna, bo-benna. Fee-fi-mo-menna. Jenna!

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

In the dimly lit living room of the Boarding House, Stefan, Damon, Aella, and Elena gathered together, their expressions a mix of concern and determination as they discussed the looming threat of Klaus. Ever the epitome of nonchalance, Damon shrugged off the tension with characteristic ease.

"So we go to the dance, we find him," he suggested casually, his tone belying the gravity of their situation.

Stefan, however, was less cavalier, his brow furrowing as he considered the logistics of their plan. "Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like," he pointed out, his skepticism evident.

Damon's gaze drifted thoughtfully into the flickering flames of the fire as he sarcastically mused, "Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."

Aella, offering a comforting gesture to Elena, voiced her own concerns. "He might not show up at all. We've seen Klaus use his minions for other things; what if he's sent someone ahead?" she proposed, her words tinged with hope.

Stefan nodded in agreement, acknowledging the validity of Aella's point. "And if he is here, he could be anywhere anytime. He compelled somebody at school," he added, his tone grave as he looked between Aella and Elena with concern. "Dana could have done something to Aella, and her guard would have been down."

Elena winced at the unsettling image that flashed through her mind, weakly protesting, "Anna was there too."

But Aella shook her head sadly, her expression somber. "He's right. We can't be sure of anyone. If Klaus wanted you dead, Dana could have easily done something today at lunch, and I'd have been helpless," she admitted, her voice tinged with resignation.

Elena attempted to lighten the mood with a forced smile and a lame joke. "I guess that's where we're lucky; Klaus needs me alive," she quipped, though her heart wasn't entirely in it.

Ever the opportunist, Stefan seized the opportunity to teach a lesson to his girlfriend and friend. "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?" he remarked smugly, his brow raised in amusement.

Before anyone could respond, a knock sounded at the door, and Stefan rose to answer it, leaving Aella to groan in frustration at the shift in his demeanor.

"I hate when he becomes valedictorian know-it-all Stefan," she muttered under her breath, her irritation evident.

Stefan returned moments later, accompanied by Ric/Klaus, who entered the room with a practiced air of nonchalance. Damon, relieved to see his friend, greeted him with casual familiarity. "There you are," he remarked.

Klaus, suppressing a smirk at Damon's ignorance, played along effortlessly. "Sorry I'm late," he replied smoothly, his facade remaining intact.

Aella quickly asked him, "Hey, have you heard from Jenna? She's not answering."

Elena, seizing the opportunity to tease Ric, chimed in with a smirk. "Jeremy said you were trying to stop her from opening her fourth bottle of Tequila when he and Anna left. I don't think she'll be even awake right now," she teased, her tone light-hearted.

Klaus shrugged, grateful for the information Elena unwittingly provided. "Elena's right. Maybe you should both check on her?" he suggested, subtly steering the conversation in a direction that suited his plans.

But Damon, ever the protector, interjected firmly. "Elena's not leaving here until the dance. By the way, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move," he declared, his tone leaving no room for argument.