Chapter 52 - Looks like the devil is pretty busy...

A/N: Sorry for the delay; life has been prettttyyyyy crazy, and this is the first time on my computer in a few weeks. I've made this chapter extra long to hopefully make up for the long waits between chapters. Hope you like xoxo

MYSTIC GRILL

Jenna grumbled around the straw of his empty margarita, glaring across the table where John sat chatting to Ric. She could see Ric was only being polite as John went on and on and on, the teacher too polite to say anything. But Jenna was on margarita number four and was always happy to say something bad to John Gilbert. Her mouth opened until a body sat next to hers, and her opened mouth gazed upon the beauty of Andie Star, Logan's replacement and a friend from high school.

"Hi, Sommers," Andie grinned way too cheerily for Jenna. "Long time no see!"

"Star Girl!" Jenna smiled less gaily but was happy to see the woman. "About time we saw each other." She bumped the reporter's arm playfully, "Too famous for us lowly humans now?"

Andie laughed, "Uh, the same could go for you, Miss I-hate-mystic-falls-and-will-leave-you-losers-as-soon-as-I-graduate!"

Jenna laughed uncomfortably, "Yeah... wasn't my finest moment."

Andie waved off any awkwardness, "I loved it! You were always one to never keep your feelings to yourself."

Wanting to move on from high school, a time Jenna hated with a passion, she smiled a little too brightly as she asked, "So???? How's the new job? Is it better without the scum?"

Andie snorted, "The scum, god!" She shivered at the thought of Logan, "He totally was such a scumball!" But that was quickly forgotten as she thought about her new life post-Logan, "I am loving life! I have a beautiful home and the best job in the world...." She giggled as she got close, "...now I just need someone to share it with." Her eyes glanced away from Jenna. Jenna followed her gaze to where Damon sat at another table with Elena, fury on his face since John refused to share anything with him. "I saw you with that hottie earlier," Andie pouted playfully. "And I need Jenna, baby. I really need."

"Damon!" Jenna scoffed, pulling her empty glass closer to suck up the remaining dregs.

"Damon, mmm," Andie's tone was not as incredulous as she practically purred the vampire's name. "God! Even his name is sexy!"

"No!" Jenna immediately shook her head, denying the reporter her request. "No, that man is literally the devil incarnate. No way."

Andie bit her lip, not swayed by Jenna's denial, "Mhhmmm, I'd sell my soul to him." She turned to Jenna, pointing at her, "Plus, you still owe me from the senior prom. I danced with Pete Hanks twice so you and Mason could cover his car in shaving cream." She shivered, "I can still feel his greasy hands trying to grope me."

Jenna groaned, wishing now more than ever she had the magical powers to conjure margaritas when she was in need, "I hoped you'd forgotten that."

"Ha! Never!" Andie laughed and pulled Jenna up from the booth with her. "Now, you head over to the devil and tell him he can lead me to temptation anytime."

"Ugh!" Jenna shivered and tried to shake the images from her head as she reached the vampire. She slid into the chair opposite him, smiling tightly when he glared in her direction, "So, my friend wants to meet you...."

"-Hi, I'm Andie Star."

Jenna jumped as Andie appeared beside her in the remaining empty chair, her lips repainted with fresh gloss as she smiled brightly at Damon. Meanwhile, she could practically feel the glare Elena was shooting her.

Damon's narrowed eyes moved from Jenna to Andie and pointed at her knowingly, "I know you. The news lady."

Jenna didn't know how, but Andie's grin widened even further, eyes dancing at his recognition, "Yeah, nice to meet you. Can I buy you a drink, Damon?"