Chapter 49

"Hunter!" Cora yelled as they entered the clearing where the ship was.

Laying on the ground, motionless, was Hunter. Some steam came from his chest plate. Around him were clones dead, shot down. Running forward, she risked herself in the middle of the shots where all the clones were shooting at her.

"Cover her!" She heard Echo demand as Cora dropped to her knees next to Hunter.

"Oh gods." She mumbled as she lightly touched his chest. The wound was deep enough to go through his armour.

The sound of blasters filled the air as Cora could faintly hear Hunter groan. Tech came running over, helping Cora regained her composure and helped bring Hunter towards the ship. Wrecker and Echo covered the two as Hunter was practically dragged by Cora and Tech. Holding his chest with her arm around him, Cora struggled with his weight on her but she just wanted him to be okay.

Once safely on the ship, Tech helped her sit him down near the back as he rushed to the front of the ship to get the group away to safety. Cora quickly threw off her helmet and took off Hunter's. He groaned and held his chest, his breathing heavy as he leaned back in the chair.

"He... he took Omega." He gasped out.

"Who? Crosshair?" Wrecker asked.

"No." Hunter breathed, "A bounty hunter. We have to... find her."

"We will." Cora breathed as she reached for the medical supplies that Tech held on the ship. "I have to tend to you first."

"No." Hunter pushed her hand away and tried to stand. Cora stood with him, as he feel forward into her arms. Hunter groaned in pain as Cora became his supporter, all his weight on her.

Cora sat him back down as he continued to groan. "Hunter." She whispered. "Please, you're hurt."

Hunter looked up to her, his eyes tired. He slowly nodded earning a sigh from Cora. She quickly but softly took off his chest plate. She removed the rest of his armour as the sweat formed on Hunter's forehead. Cora reached over and grabbed some relaxation spray and injected it into him. Within minutes he seemed to relax as Cora wrapped up his chest. She cleared up the blood and made sure his wound was clean from the blaster wound.

She helped Hunter up as Tech flew the ship off of Bracca. Cora sat him down as she stood next to him, holding onto the seat as Tech flew.

"Any sign of that bounty hunter?" Hunter asked.

"The only vessel in our scanners is Crosshair's and he is right on top of us." Tech spoke frantically as something hit the ship.

"It's getting hot back here!" Wrecker yelled from the back.

"Prepping to jump." Tech said.

"Not without Omega." Hunter demanded.

"Hunter." Cora looked to him as the ship was hit again.

"The bounty hunter who took her is long gone. We'll have no chance of finding them if Crosshair shoots us down." Echo said.

An alarm sounded, "Rear deflector shields are failing." Tech said pressing a few buttons.

Hunter looked down and hesitated. He sighed and looked towards Tech. "Make the jump."

The ship flew off into the deep space, leaving the planet behind. Hunter tried to stand, earning Cora to become something to lean on again. She helped him stand, which earned him just brushing her off. Cora watched as Hunter went towards the back and sat back down, sighing and putting his heads in his hands. Cora sighed and looked towards the stars in front of her. Tech rose from his spot as pilot and put his hand on Cora's shoulder.