Chapter 50

The sound of nothing on the comm made it unbearable for anyone to focus. Hunter kept trying to get in touch with Omega, but nothing.

Cora began to pace. She didn't know what to do, they didn't know where she had been taken. But they had to find her, they had to find Omega. She kept reminding herself that the boys would find her, that she was okay. But her thoughts brought her to Kamino.

If the Kaminoans really wanted her, they would take her back to Kamino. But before they picked up Cora, the city was taken over by the Empire, and Crosshair was there.

"Yeah. Cid knows all about Bane, but not how to find him." Echo announced as he joined back with the group. He looked at Cora who was pacing. "She said we're on our own."

Hunter continued to mess with the computer, trying to change the frequencies.

"Come in. Come in." Omega's voice cracked over the weak comm.

Cora snapped her head towards the computer as Hunter turned to the group. Everyone stopped what they were doing and joined next to Hunter, hearing Omega ask for anyone to listen.

"Omega!" Wrecker yelled joining them.

"Omega, are you there? Omega!" Hunter's voice was frantic and laced with worry.

"It's long-range. I'll try to boost the signal." Echo said running to the other computer.

"Is anyone there?" Her voice was low, like she was whispering.

"Omega." Hunter said once Echo nodded for him to try again. Nothing. "Omega, are you there?" Nothing again. Hunter let out a breath. "Omega! Do you copy?"

"Hunter?" Omega's voice gasped on the other side. "I'm here. I got away but, you have to hurry." She said quickly.

Cora let out a breathe and moved closer to Hunter. "Where are you?" She asked Omega, Hunter looking up to her.

I... I— I don't know where I am." Omega gasped out.

"Hang on, kid." Wrecker said, "We're coming for ya!"

Echo sighed as he sat at the computer, the ships navigation system pulled up. "The signal's too weak to establish a direct connection trace."

"Omega," Tech stepped forward. "We need a relay of your position. Try to create a power surge. Can you find a panel nearby?"

After a moment she spoke again, "There's one by a door. It looks like the ones on Tipoca City."

"That's good." Tech nodded. "First, see if you can activate it."

"It worked. Now what should I do?"

"Next you will need to reroute the circuits to overload the main grid."

Everyone waited. But the comm went silent, just for a moment. They waited, which felt like years. Cora stopped breathing, her heart dropping. Omega was heard struggling as Cad Bane could be heard.

"Omega?" Tech tried. "Do you copy?"

"Let me go!" Omega yelled.

"I still can't get a good read." Tech turned to Hunter who was watching carefully.

"Hunter, I need you!" Omega cried.

Hunter's eyes grew wide, then angrily he moved Tech away. "Omega!" He yelled. "Omega!"

Nothing. This time, the comm went dead. The ship fell silent, everyone looking to the computer as static filled their ears. Cora finally let the air out of her lungs. She felt dizzy and overwhelmed.