13: Cruel fate

2190:00:00

2190 hours left. 0 minutes. 0 seconds.

3 months left.

The time on your left wrist reads in neon white as you stand in the middle of a boxing ring where you stare at three male that stands yards away, watching the match.

Hoseok stands in the middle with Jungkook and Jimin on his sides, arms crossed against their chest as if they are inspecting something.

They meet your eyes but it isn't the same set of eyes you are used to.

Because they don't know you. They have no idea who the lady that stands in the middle of a boxing ring.

And your heart falls a little at just the sight alone because you realize you are in it, in the world fate has brought you in and you are supposed to make them fall in love with you along with understanding the meaning of loss, love, and sacrifice.

Your eyes stings a bit but you have no time to think any further as you hear someone approaching from behind. The male goes in for a punch at your shoulder but you're quicker than him, grabbing his arm from behind and flinging him over your shoulders before forcing his arm behind his back as he lays on his front.

He cries in agony and everyone else gasps because they can't believe you had just beaten someone in mere seconds, needless to say a woman.

Hoseok raises a brow but makes no comment as he continues watching the girl in a high ponytail, face covered with a black mask and continuously beating every opponent that is available in the boxing room. You hold no boxing gloves unlike the rest, the only thing on your hands are hand wraps yet you are far more skilled than anyone else, leaving them all to cry in pain afterwards.

Weak, he scoffs inwardly at the ones that are immediately sent home after losing the matches against you.

On his right, Jimin shrugs as Hoseok meets his eyes while Jungkook continues watching you with a piercing gaze.

You're strong, tough, and smart on every tactic and he can tell that you have experience.

"Looks like we've found our bodyguard."

"No."

Everyone turns to watch as Namjoon walks in with the remaining men, Yoongi, Seokjin, and Taehyung, a little surprised the leader decided to outright say no. Your brows furrows a bit but you wait for his reasons.

"Who's to say those men went easy on you because you're a woman?" You want to scoff but remain silent as he stares at you for a short while before looking over at Jungkook. "We'll decide after you fight with Jungkook."

Jungkook doesn't go easy, not even for you, so you guess that was fair play.

Still it's a little hurtful as Jungkook goes to walk into the rink, suit off with just a sleeveless shirt remaining while refusing to wear boxing gloves because you also don't have them on. He meets your eyes for a split second and your mind retraces back to remember the precious teary eyes you saw in him in your last goodbyes.

But the Jungkook in front of you is different. He doesn't hold the same doe eyes you've once remembered them as. His eyes are that of a fighter with a promise that he will not go easy on you.

And although you wish to go easy on him, you know that if you don't prove yourself worthy in front of them, there will be no chance left for you to get close to them. They're top businessmen, you can tell, and they are on top of the rank, just like as Lords of the Underworld.

And the only way for them to at least know who you are is by doing the job you are best at; a protector, a shield.

So when the match starts, you don't hold back.