30: A promise meant to break

"Whoa! Okay, I just saw something unpleasing to my eyes."

It was a joke of course but you do find yourself turning yourself around to back out of the room for the two couple to have their privacy. You should have knocked, why didn't you knock?

"What? Kissing?" Hoseok snickers, "Never kissed before?" You turn around again to scowl at him.

"I've kissed before!" The way it comes out, so defensive, makes both Hoseok and Namjoon doubtful. "I have!"

"When? Where? With whom?"

Late one night in my chamber, with you.

Hoseok's question doesn't baffle you, at least not on the inside, but as you sit there in your chair and the two of them looks at you, expecting an answer, you don't know how to answer him.

"I-It was with my first love—" first loves "I've kissed before, alright?"

They share side eye glances at one another for a split second before Namjoon faces you, a brow raised. "Ah so Y/N's also capable of loving another?" He smirks. "Wasn't duty always more important?"

"My duty is to my heart," you tell him sternly before realizing that's too straightforward. "I-I do everything from my heart...I think."

"Like when you saved Miran?"

"Twice?" Hoseok adds.

Because I love you and you love her. I did it for you, not her. It's what you want to say but you don't dare to. Not yet.

"Yes." You nod.

It's a little hesitant and they catch it but don't dwell on the subject. For some reason, talking about Miran just don't feel right.

"Listen, if we ever fall into danger don't risk your life for us."

"Hmm.." you narrow your eyes playfully at Namjoon's command, "don't count on it."

"You're already hurting enough."

"This?" You snicker, waving your hand off, "it's nothing."

"It's not nothing."

"Stop worrying over the silliest things, I'll be—ow!" You yelp when you try to wheel yourself back, only to cut your skin because you were a little too harsh.

They're quick to rush to your side with Namjoon taking your hand and his brows furrows. "What did we say? If the world doesn't kill you, you're going to end up accidentally killing your own self and that is something I will not allow."

His hand his gentle, soft, delicate. Like something a lover will do as they hold their lover's hand. "You won't allow me to die?"

"No," he states firmly. "That is an order."

You smile at him, nodding. "Okay."

Though you know you cannot keep the promise.