chapter 9

Gediz took Nare to his house in bodrum. It was an apartment in a street which appeared to be city centre of the city. In the mid of the shopping area, the car turned into a huge gate. The property was lined by big bougainvillea trees with white and pink flowers. There was a fountain in the centrum and the drive way around it. Gediz parked his car in the parking bay. They got down. Nare was scanning the place. Gediz guided her to the lift. She couldn't be less impressed. It was a nice place. She commented 'good place'

' thanks....this way'

They reached the entrance lobby. It had large and pastel-coloured walls which along with reflective glass on the walls added softness to the ambience. The soft lights of the chandeliers on the ceiling lit up the hallway. They stopped infront of the lift door in the entrance lobby. Gediz pressed the button for the lift. He lived at fourth floor. The elevator was elegantly decorated as well. Nare was noticing every detail. As they got out, gediz reached for the door of his apartment. Opened the apartment with his keys and punched the code to stop the house alarm.

As she entered the house, Gediz took her to the bedroom which was at the end of the corridor. He asked her 'do you want to change?'

'I think yes...'

He took out a pair of his night clothes from the closet and gave to her to change. He took another pair and went out.

In some time, he knocked and said, if you need anything let me know.

'alright' nare shouted back.

She had changed into tshirt and pyjamas that he had given and went off to sleep. Her head was light and sleepy.

In the middle of the night, Gediz heard nare crying, he got up to check and went into nare's room and found nare mumbling 'I am sorry, I ruined everything for you. I couldn't responsibly take care of your belongings.'

Nare was having a nightmare. He gently caressed her hair and said 'its alright nare, its alright' he kept saying that to her and nare in sometime slipped back into sleep.

Gediz, perturbed with her nightmare, went out. He couldn't sleep and to keep checking on nare, crouched on the floor next to the door. He kept thinking how difficult it is for the poor soul. She has had to face a lot at such young age. The girl still managed a lot to keep her head high with pride, but she was very broken inside. Her wounds that she mentions, never had chance to heal. They bleed when she sleeps or when she is lonely. He wondered, sancar was her wounder as well as healer. He failed to understand her deep connection with him. Sancar always carried the knife of her name in his heart, for him where everyone had betrayed his trust, her betrayal had broken his heart and he didn't want to heal it.

She came back from bed of death, raised a girl, hated sancar for 8 long years and forgave him so easily. How can someone love so much? Has she really healed? He rubbed his forehead, he cannot understand. He then reclined back against the door and went off to sleep.

In the morning, when he opened his eyes, he found himself on floor. He was trying to get up, when nare opened the door and gediz fell on the floor. He lost his balance. Nare helped him to stand up, but when he got up he found it difficult to stand straight. Nare helped him to the living room and he settled on the sofa. She gave him few cushions to support his back.

'does it hurt a lot? What were you doing there?'

He tried to speak through his agonizing pain 'you had a nightmare in the night. So I stayed at the door incase you need me'

Nare apologized. Gediz replied 'I can accept your apology if you made coffee for me'

She smiled and agreed. She found her way to the kitchen. 'where is the coffee'