chapter 14

Sancar, was managing his business with some difficulties as well. At times, he would miss things only to realize Gediz used to manage them. He would find marina, quite difficult to manage. He held a meeting with Zehra and yahya with kavruk at his side. He wanted to understand, where were they struggling the most

Yahya said 'we are well staffed but I think we need to work on the relationship with the clients, I think we are losing clients on that'

'what do you think Zehra?' asked Sancar

'sancar, I think, there are multiple aspects, not only relations, but we are also lacking in negotiating as well. The last deal that we tried to negotiate, we could have pressed a bit harder and got a better deal. We succumbed to their demands too quickly. Besides, Mr. Guven is also giving a tough challenge. He is luring our clients with better deal and ofcourse their relationship management is good too' Sancar heard both. He understood their concerns and they were his observations too. He found it hard to negotiate the deal last time, which he would manage easily with Gediz.

Sancar turned on his chair, reflecting on yahya and Zehra's concerns. He then turned to them ' how about we hire someone?'

Yahya objected 'do you think so we can afford?'

'We need to invest to grow, otherwise its just 8 months Marina will be making huge losses and we will not be able to manage' said Zehra 'don't be short sighted yahya, we need to have the big picture or we sell marina'

'no, It's for melek, we can't sell it. Do everything to make it profitable' said sancar cautioning.

'I will advertise for someone sancar soon'

'do it. Any other concerns?'

'brother can you please increase my allowance' asked yahya

'why?' asked sancar

'brother' he said shying 'you know, because I and dudu will get married and our expenses will increase soon'

'you were married before too yahya, you managed'

'well, brother please understand'

Zehra got up and said 'well you carry on with your discussion, I have a lot of accounts to look at'

She wasn't interested in yahya and dudu. She was so irritated with dudu and her ways, she had developed a strong dislike for her. Dudu always found ways to belittle Elvan. Elvan was bearing her misbehaviours, because she was lonely. She had found mother in halise and brother in sancar. But zehra knew that she was hurting a lot.

Zehra, drafted the advertisement and left it on sancar's table for a review before it was posted. She went and sat on the couch outside, looking at the plants and the pots. The same plants which were witness to their good times, when she started working with nare, elvan and muge. They were different times, Sancar and Gediz had fought and wanted to break their partnership. They stood against sancar and gediz. They wanted them not to break their partnership. Little did she know the reigns of the company that she held would be forever. She missed nare, she always wondered how can nare marry gediz? Gediz would marry nare, but nare wouldn't do such a thing. She wouldn't betray sancar. They had problems, but nare always stood behind him like a mountain. Sancar had lost himself somewhere after nare's marriage with gediz. She had hope though. She wanted to talk to nare once, but she had not mustered up the courage to call nare.

When she was lost deep in thoughts, Kavruk came from behind. She was surprised and almost leapt panic- stricken in his arms. Kavruk, didn't expect zehra's embrace and he was alarmed and embarrassed. He was hesitant to hold her close to him. He gently held her arm and nudged her away gently. Zehra, looked at him, longingly. She wanted to ask him, why can he not hug her, was she an untouchable. He wanted to tell her, I try hard to stay away from you, but my heart longs for you every single moment. She finally gathered the courage and gently put her hands on his cheek. Kavruk wanted to back away and he moved back a little but zehra held him tightly 'why is it wrong kavruk?'

'people who live on earth, can't live with stars'

'may be you have mistaken, its not a star'

'Zehra, why don't you understand?'

'kavruk, why don't you understand, what good it will do if we bury our love'

'there is too much difference between us'

'you have created that difference, think about it'

Kavruk saw sancar, alighting from his car and went towards him. Zehra was left frustrated again. She looked at him with despair and went without talking to sancar and kavruk to her car. Sancar looked at her and called 'zehra..'

'I am going sancar, will see you at home' and she left without looking at them

Sancar asked kavruk 'what happened?'

'nothing efe, she is fine'

'kavruk..!' said sancar with a deep voice 'did you make my sister angry'

'efe' and sancar slapped on kavruk's back teasingly.