chapter 21

Gediz had gone over to his friends house. They had a party. He was quite relived to have come over. Meeting old friends and life in America, did make him realize what he has been missing.

He was here to have a break. Running away from the place doesn't solve the problem, wherever you go it stays with you like an unhealed wound. You cannot runaway from your problems. Mind keeps it alive. He smiled, pulled his blanket over and went to sleep. It was late anyways.

Everyday Gediz would call around 7am and for Nare it would be lunch time. Nare would take her break and talk to him about the day , how was she fairing and day to day business matters. It was first time she was trying to run a business. Sancar was also standing as a wall, creating many boulders in her way. Besides, fight between her father and sancar was turning ugly day by day.

Nare had warned Guven, to keep himself away from sancar. After all, she was paying for sancar's peace to him by staying married to gediz. She had warned him, if she finds out that he has been troubling sancar, she would just break the marriage and runaway. Guven had warned her too. 'if you think, that I will be intimidated from this, forget it. Now is the time finally you will walk or talk according to me'

'dad, this is what you wanted. Complete control over me. You have it. I don't speak to him. I am suffering he is suffering. I am away from my daughter.Isn't this enough, what more you want?'

'A grand child'

'what?' she looked at him wide eyed.

'I want a grand child. You have been married to him for around 6 months' he said casually putting his cup down on the table.

'dad, this marriage is for a year not for a grand child. I don't believe you. I have not known a father who compels her daughter to marry someone against her wishes and then wishes for a grand child. You know why I am so madly in love with sancar? You. You are the reason. You repeatedly pushed me to him. Are you really my father or you adopted me?'

'I have nothing to say. I just expressed my wishes'

'I don't think so I can talk to you at all' Nare left.

Guven said loudly from behind 'you will learn to talk to me soon!'

Nare stepped out of his office in anger. She broke down. She felt like she was a commodity. She had lost her independence to do anything. Her wishes, her choices had no value. This was her life and it had become a toy in her father's hand. She sat there alone crying till her tears dried. She cried till she could cry no more. She finally mustered up the courage and went back home. She sneaked in her room, she didn't want to face refika or muge as they would be worried and if they asked the reason, she had no answer.

Muge called nare for dinner, she washed her face well and joined them for dinner. Back in the room alone, she sat with lights off. Anger, hatred, shame had taken over her. She was the victim of Dad's revenge against sancar. Guven believed that Nare was responsible for all the plights. If only she ever listened to him, she would have been successful and happy. She would not have borne all the wounds. Nare took out the worst in him. He held Nare and Sancar responsible for the failures in his life. If only Nare didn't love sancar, she would have married Akin. They would have lived a very successful and happy life. Sancar, made her daughter rebel against him. Nare was so intelligent, she would have been a successful girl.

Nare always wondered, why couldn't her father see Akin's reality. He was a monster in the garb of human. He was responsible for her situation today. How can he rape her, that night even after so many therapies and years creep her out. Her body still shakes with terror. She is terrified of the men who come close to her. She can't trust anyone. She is scared to be alone in a room with any man. She still gets nightmares. With a lot of difficulty, she has managed Gediz in her room. It was strange though; she could bear to live alone with Gediz in a house and room. She could bear him. Life has become so complicated sancar, melek, gediz, dad and her. Is there any other way out of this? She was growingly getting sceptical of Guven planning something against sancar again. His body language was hiding something. He was demanding from her as if he had a trump card again.

She picked the phone to call Gediz, but she called sancar.

'hello'

'sancar, I want to talk to you'

'say'

'can we meet?'

Sancar was surprised at the question and maintained silence. 'sancar please!'

'tomorrow at marina?'

'sadiclar marina'

'outside marina' sancar cut the phone.

Nare mumbled 'he cuts the phone. Alright' she sighed and went to sleep.

Jane had come to meet Gediz on the day he was going to leave for Turkey. She gave him a parting gift and a gift for nare. She said while opening the box of rose quartz pendant to Gediz, hope this fills her heart with unconditional love for you. Gediz closed the box and said 'so kind of you but I don't see that happening'

'don't loose hope. Have a safe journey'.

Gediz hugged her and bid her good-bye.

Gediz parted from his friend can and his wife, thanking them for their hospitality and inviting them to bodrum. He left Can's house with a heavy heart. He had an uncanny sense of something is going to happen. He called Nare and informed her from airport that he had checked in. she said she was waiting for him.