Your Will (part 2)

Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.

A realisation God gave me was we need to pray for His will to be done. We shouldn't remain passive and just assume everything according to God's will just pass. We face opposition. We need to make constant and consistent decisions for God's will to be done above man's will and the will of the kingdom of darkness.

Everyone has a will and the kingdom of darkness has a will. What Jesus taught us was that despite our own will, we need to surrender to the will of the Father and be obedient to that will. God's will won't take place if we are walking against the will of God, living in sin, living in disobedience and failing to pray for His to come to pass.

God's will be done no matter what.

God does have a will for our lives. A will He has established in heaven that needs to come to pass on this earth. None of our lives is random but with a purpose.

1) We can trust God's will because of His character.

Jeremiah 29:11
ESV
11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Romans 12:2
ESV
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

God's plan for our lives is perfect, acceptable and good. We can trust God's plan is perfect because He is perfect and because He is perfect, good and just we can trust He isn't making plans for our lives from a place of sin, injustice and cruelty.

Though God's will for our lives won't always make sense to us we can trust scripture.

Isaiah 55:8-9
NKJV
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

When we accept God's will for our lives we have peace because we aren't the only ones working towards a will.

When we walk with God, we are never alone but are in fellowship with God. When we desire God's will, we enter into partnership with God because we seek to achieve the same mission.

The kingdom of heaven backs us up when are walking in obedience. What is established in heaven takes place. God's will unfolds and what He desires which is good, acceptable and trustworthy comes to fulfilment.

In God's will, we have peace and aren't as burdened because God is there.

2) We have our own will

Proverbs 16:9
ESV
9 The heart of man plans his way,
    but the Lord establishes his steps.

We also have a will for our lives. Our will though is very limited because unlike God we don't do everything and can't do everything. Our will is based on our strength, power and reliance on ourselves

Our will often is contradictory to God's will for our lives. If we live against the will of God we are destined for self-destruction.

Pslam 33:10-12
ESV
10 The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
    he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
    the plans of his heart to all generations.
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
    the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!

Proverbs 3:5-6
ESV
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths.

3) Plans of the enemy

Declare God's will to be done, His purpose, and His plan and begin fighting the agendas of the kingdom of darkness. The enemy's plans for us are to bring destruction, sin, kill, steal and destroy but God's plan got us is what needs to prevail. So we will pray against every agenda of the kingdom of darkness against our lives.

I want you to reject everything that's not God, to pray today that God shuts every door that's not of Him and to declare God has the throne over your future. The kingdom of darkness cannot succeed in their will for our lives but we pray God will prevail over every project of the enemy. God sometimes reveal the plans of the kingdom of darkness of the enemy but even if we don't know what the enemy is planning to do next, we pray that only God's will prevails.

No plan of the enemy can prevail because I give God the throne over my future.

-etty