The Power Of The Name Of Jesus

Matthew 28:18
ESV
18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Philippians 2:9-11
ESV
9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11
ESV
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Matthew 7:7
ESV
Ask, and It Will Be Given
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
The name of Jesus has power so much power that when we rpau at the end, "in Jesus name" I want us to have an understanding of what pwrrful statement we are declaring.

1) The name of Jesus has authority

The Bible says how all authority is given to Jesus. In Jesus Christ we have authority over every oppression of the enemy. We can command as children of God darkness to flee by the power of the name of Jesus.

The name of Jesus is the name everything is subject to. We shouldn't act as if it's just a random saying we say after praying but realise when we say in Jesus name, the darkness flees and light remains. When we say in the name of Jesus, demons tremble and have to flee.

In the word of God we see how Jesus would command demons to leave. (Luke 4:31-37, Matthew 17:14-20).

Jesus had authority over the seas and wind when He comamnded peace be still. (Mark 4:35-41).

The name of Jesus has authority because se He is the word of God (John 1:1-4).

Creation obeys to that name. Every knee has to bow to that name. Demons have to flee in that name. Oppression has to be rebuked in that name. Attacks of the enemy are defeated in that name. This is a name of authority.

I think often of  a owner of a company. For the owner of a company, if a simply employer asks for something we can ignore it easily because the person doesn't hold much authority but if we hear "the boss said do so or so" we take it seriously, we obey, we move and do whatever we were told.

How much so is the name that both creation obeys? How much more is the name above every other name? Jesus is above every other authority.

That's why in the Bible it writes His the King of kings and the Lord of lords (Revelation 19:16). This isn't just a simply statement, this means Jesus is above every other power.

Ephesians 6:12
ESV
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Did you read that? These are evil authorities of the kingdom of darkness. These are demonic spirits, principalities, the enemy himself all attacking the children of God but here Jesus says He is above these lords. Satan is describes as the god of this age (2 Corinthians 4:4) but Jesus is above all gods. This can also refer to idols in our lives, God is above money, above evil and has the overall authority.

That same name that has authority over everything is the name we end our prayers with and we treat it lightly? The name of Jesus is power. The name of Jesus is High. The name of Jesus is the only name that is above every other name. Whether principalities are attacking us, we can command the Ceo of everything, the head of the Greatest kingdom which is the kingdom of heaven the Lord of lords Himself and when we call on the name of Jesus, He moves, He defends His name, He fights for His children, He fights for His redeem but it depends on our faith. Do we believe the name of jesus is this powerful.

Do we believe when we command wicked spirits to go they are trembling and moving or do we have more faith in that part of ephesians. Do we have more faith in the kingdom of darkness and its names to harm us or the name of Jesus to portect us?

Whatever we ask in Jesus name shall be done but often it doesn't because Jesus says in John 14:12-13 but you need to believe in the power of the anme of Jesus.

2) Brings action, fulfilment and answered prayers.

*Whatever you'll ask in my name so it shall be done *

God gave Jesus a name that every new has to obey. There is authority in the name of Jesus because of the exaltation that Jesus has receive (Philippians 2:9-11). In the name of Jesus, we have power to do demolish strongholds, heal, deliver, etc

His above every Spirit. He is exalted above any demon  and enemy. He can destroy and cast away everything because He has authoritativepower received from His exaltation.

He is above any season, situation, sickness. He has the power to allow in and allow out. His name is powerful.

-etty