Interrogations Will Lead You Nowhere

Kiyoomi was sitting on his bed, awaiting Vulpes' awakening with a grim expression on his face as he examined the object in his hand.

It was another kunai, this time with a blade that was a metallic silver and a hilt that was white.

However, this kunai was broken, the blade itself had been shattered and there were scratches all over its surface, but what Kiyoomi was most confused about was the fact that his family's emblem had been carved into the hilt.

He'd found it strapped to Vulpes' belt amongst the other kunais which all had matte black blades and metallic gold hits, meaning that the silver and white kunai was the only one that was different.

Kiyoomi was sure that he'd never seen this dagger in his life before, but it somehow looked familiar to him.

He wasn't sure how the assassin had gotten his hands on a dagger with the Sakusa family emblem engraved into it, but he was definitely going to ask.

He slipped the dagger into his pocket as he was called by Komori to go down into the interrogation room to talk to Vulpes.

He entered the room to see that Vulpes was indeed awake, and he was angry.

His head was down, he didn't even look up when Kiyoomi crouched down in front of him, though he flinched when Kiyoomi tossed the broken kunai onto the floor at his feet.

"Where the fuck did ya get that?" He hissed, his tone was harsh and venomous.

"I should be asking you that... After all, it has my family symbol on it," Kiyoomi replied.

Vulpes scowled and turned his head away from Kiyoomi, "I don't wanna see that fuckin' thing!"

Kiyoomi sighed and stood up, he grabbed Vulpes' chin and forced him to make eye contact.

"It seems pretty special, considering that it's broken and you kept it," Kiyoomi replied as he leaned closer to Vulpes.

"It was a gift," Vulpes said through gritted teeth.

That's when it clicked in Kiyoomi's head, he'd definitely seen that dagger before, it was always hanging on his father's belt when he was younger.

"This is my father's dagger," he said, sure of his discovery.

"Tch... Yer smarter than ya let on..." Vulpes muttered.

Kiyoomi crouched down in front of Vulpes again, this time forcing the latter to look at him.

He held up the dagger, "Why did he give this to you?"

Vulpes scoffed, "I'd be diggin' my own grave if I told ya the truth."

Kiyoomi shook his head and sighed bitterly as he placed the dagger aside.

"Okay, then... We'll get back to that... For now, tell me how you know Miya Osamu," Kiyoomi demanded.

He noticed the assassin tense up at the mention of Osamu.

"I have no idea who the hell yer talkin' 'bout," he answered coldly.

"You swear when you lie," Kiyoomi pointed out.

He noticed the assassin's tendencies to curse when he tensed up.

"Go fuck yerself," Vulpes replied.

Kiyoomi shook his head and dropped the topic as he grabbed the silver kunai off the floor before standing up and walking out of the room in frustration, he was getting nowhere really fast.

Little did he know that he had failed to remove all of the daggers from Vulpes' clothes.

When Kiyoomi returned and hour later to check on Vulpes, it quickly became apparent that he had escaped without anyone noticing.

All of his kunais, besides the three that Kiyoomi had in his desk drawer, were gone.

Kiyoomi was infuriated by this, of course a master of stealth would excel in escaping cells and buildings undetected.

He stared at the empty interrogation room, the cameras had gone out and he'd come to check on Vulpes only to see that Vulpes was gone.

That's when he saw a note attached to a black-and-gold kunai that was lodged in the wall.

He took the kunai out of the wall and grabbed the note off its blade.

He opened the note to read it.

—————————––————————
Kiyoomi

I know that it seems that I don't want to cooperate with you, but in truth, I wish to be your ally, however, I cannot say it out loud.
He is always listening, Kiyoomi.
He has a target on your head.
He placed a tracker in my body, and until I find it and get it out, I cannot be in close proximity to you.
I tried to warn you...
He is hunting you, Kiyoomi, and he won't stop until you're dead.
I'd explain further, but I'd rather talk to you in person.
Stay safe, Kiyoomi.

Until we meet again,
-Vulpes
——————————————————

Kiyoomi stared at the note in his hands in complete disbelief, he quickly walked back to his room and reread the note a few times, but it only left him more confused than before.

He walked over to his desk drawer and took out the red kunai before staring at the message carved into the blade.

Be careful, you may just die the next time we meet
-Vulpes

It occurred to Kiyoomi that it was an odd way to threaten to kill someone.

"I tried to warn you..."

The words of the note played out in his head.

"Did ya not get my message? I told ya that the next time we met, blood would be spilled, specifically yers."

Kiyoomi realized that the assassin's words were carefully picked.

"Don't ya think it's a bit dangerous for the leader of the top mafia be out alone... Sakusa?"

He'd been warning Kiyoomi the entire time.

"I thought I told ya that it was dangerous for the leader of the top mafia gang to be out alone?"

Vulpes had never been threatening to take Kiyoomi's life, though it would seem that way at first glance.

He'd said that blood would be spilled, specifically Kiyoomi's.

Kiyoomi had just assumed that it meant that Vulpes was going to kill him, but what he truly meant was that Kiyoomi was going to be killed by another person.

"He is hunting you, Kiyoomi, and he won't stop until you're dead."

An unwelcomed feeling of dread settled in Kiyoomi's stomach as he realized that the person who truly wanted him dead was someone completely unknown to him, someone that even the most lethal and inescapable assassin was weary of.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Things are getting interesting

Anygays, bye!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -