The Smallest Light Can Expell Darkness

Kiyoomi and Atsumu had been sitting in the parking lot for a while.

Kiyoomi was sitting with his back against the column, his right hand running through Atsumu's hair and the left holding the blonde close.

Atsumu was sitting in between Kiyoomi's legs while curled up against his chest, he was awake but was sitting quietly.

He felt safe in Kiyoomi's arms, a feeling that he wasn't at all used to, but he enjoyed the warmth that came from it.

Most of his life he'd spent in the dark and the cold, he'd never thought that he could ever be able to feel something like this, something like comfort, warmth... Love.

Kiyoomi, on the other hand, was still trying to wrap his head around Atsumu's back-story, he'd wanted to know who Vulpes was, and now he did.

He now knew the true Vulpes, Atsumu, the small, vulnerable teenager that lived behind the mask, a child that was traumatized beyond belief and haunted by horrid nightmares and memories.

Kiyoomi just wanted to hold him close and never let him go, he wanted to see his father writhe in pain, he wanted his father to suffer, but more than anything, he wanted his father dead.

He pulled Atsumu tightly to his chest, "Atsumu? Are you feeling okay yet?"

Atsumu nodded and pulled away from Kiyoomi's embrace, both of them immediately missing the warmth of the other.

"Do you want to come with me back to the base? You can stay there for a while...?" Kiyoomi asked.

Atsumu nodded again, this time standing up and taking his mask from Kiyoomi who also stood up.

"Are you going to tell Osamu about you being alive?" Kiyoomi asked slowly and carefully.

Atsumu tensed slightly, but nodded again, "I will... Eventually..." He answered hesitantly.

Kiyoomi only nodded in response as he watched Atsumu put his mask on and pull up his hood.

He then thought of something that might make the assassin brighten up a bit, "Say... Do you want to join the team... Like, for real this time?"

Atsumu peered at him through the mask and Kiyoomi was really hating the fact that he couldn't see the assassin's face.

Atsumu didn't reply, instead, without a warning, he hugged Kiyoomi, "Thank ya..."

Kiyoomi returned the hug and smiled before they left to go back to the base.

The next evening, Kiyoomi gathered everyone at an old abandoned warehouse.

"Kiyo, what's up?" Komori asked as they all gathered around.

"Yeah, why the sudden meeting?" Iwaizumi asked.

"And why here?" Oikawa asked, referring to the warehouse.

"I agree with Kawa, why here?" Suna asked.

"I called everyone here to inform you that we have a new member," Kiyoomi explained, "Now you are all familiar with him, and he's been an ally for a while now, but he agreed to join our team."

The members all looked at him confused, "Then where is he?" Akagi asked.

"You can come out now," Kiyoomi said, seemingly to no one as he looked up to the ceiling.

They all followed his gaze, and to their surprise, they saw the figure of a person crouched high up on the rafter beams of the roof, just watching them.

Suddenly, the person jumped down from the rafters and landed in front of them without a sound.

As soon as the person set down in front of them, they knew who it was as they stared into the milky-white eye sockets of a plain black mask.

"Vulpes?! Are you serious?!" Komori turned to look at his cousin with disbelief lining his features.

"Kiyo, he tried to kill you!" Iwaizumi shouted.

"Yes, I am Vulpes, an' no, I didn't try to kill him, I was tryin' to warn him," Atsumu said sarcastically as he crossed his arms.

"But-" Iwaizumi was about to protest but Atsumu was not having it.

"Yes, yes, I 'attacked' him," Atsumu said, putting his fingers up in quotation marks, "Jus' remember, I coulda killed him any time I wanted to," he snapped.

Atsumu began to take his mask off but Kiyoomi grabbed his hands and stopped him, "Vulpes... Don't do it if you're not comfortable."

Kiyoomi could feel the tension in Atsumu's muscles ease as he slowly took his hands out of Kiyoomi's grasp.

He hugged Kiyoomi as the others just watched the scene play out in complete shock.

"I'm okay, Omi, I hafta tell Samu that I'm alive anyway," Atsumu whispered.

Kiyoomi nodded as he let go and stepped back before Atsumu pulled down his hood and resumed taking his mask off, "If ya really think that ya can't trust me, I'll give ya somethin' to prove my word... My identity."

The moment the mask was off, Atsumu dropped it onto the floor and felt the cold air hit his skin as he made eye-contact with Osamu.

A loud clattering sound echoed in the abandoned warehouse as the mask hit the floor, and Osamu swore that it fell in slow-motion.

Osamu couldn't believe his eyes, the person who had just taken the mask off was his lost twin brother.

He was sure it was him, his hair was bleached and his eyes were blank and distant, but it was definitely him.

It was like looking into a mirror and having his reflection stare back at him, but it looked different, the eyes of said reflection were broken and cold, devoid of all emotion.

He was standing right there, the person who Osamu had believed to be dead for thirteen years, the person who walked into the woods to fetch a ball and never came back.

Osamu's eyes were wide as his sword clattered to the floor, he was frozen in place.

The warehouse was so silent that everyone could hear the tears dripping from Osamu's eyes as he stared into Atsumu's broken, pained gaze.

He may have not seen his twin in over a decade, but he somehow knew that Atsumu must have gone through hell and back, the absence of emotion in his eyes told a morbid and gruesome story.

"Ts-Tsumu?"

Atsumu smiled weakly at his brother, the brightest smile he could muster, but it barely reached his eyes.

"Long time no see, Samu," he replied as the tears dripped from his eyes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Time for some fluff 🤧👍

Anygayyss, byyee!!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -