All Journeys Come To An End

It was two weeks after they eliminated Mr Sakusa's final ally, and they were all once again sitting in the mission room, this time planning the last mission, the task that would hopefully result in the death of Kiyoomi's father.

"Infiltration and elimination, that's what we're calling this mission," Kiyoomi began, "This is going to be a difficult one, so everyone listen up."

They sat there and listened intently as Kiyoomi discussed the plan, "Phase one, Motoya will go in and begin planting explosives by the entrances of the building which will be activated remotely by Rintarou to eliminate any chance of my father escaping. Phase two, Atsumu will sneak into the building and cut the power, don't worry, we'll have night vision goggles. Phase three, Tooru will scout the building with an infrared sniper and locate all the members on the above-ground floors. Phase four, we all go in and start eliminating all of my father's lackies, leaving my father for last. Phase five, we eliminate my father, and escape before the police comes," Kiyoomi grinned as he finished explaining.

He looked across the room, scanning the determined grins and smirks of his team.

"We strike at midnight, so I suggest getting some rest beforehand," Kiyoomi said as he dismissed his team.

He watched his team leave before he walked with Atsumu to the assassin's room because the blonde wanted to talk to him about something.

"Are you okay, Atsu?" Kiyoomi asked as he closed the door after they walked into the room.

Atsumu didn't answer, instead he went straight to his desk and started rummaging through one of the drawers.

Kiyoomi could almost feel the nerves radiating from Atsumu and sighed as he walked up behind the assassin and wrapped his arms around his waist before he placed a soft kiss on the side of Atsumu's neck, "Atsu..."

"I'm okay, Omi... Jus' kinda scared..." Atsumu answered finally.

"You'll be fine, Atsu... Just think about it, you'll finally be free when he's dead," Kiyoomi said as he tried his best to comfort the worried assassin.

"I know, Omi... But what if somethin' happens an' I get hurt or killed? Or what if ya get hurt or killed?? Or what if somethin' goes wrong??? I can't do this!! I can't be Vulpes!!!"

Atsumu's frantic over thinking was cut off as Kiyoomi turned him around and kissed him gently on the lips.

"There are stories that say that Vulpes is the most dangerous assassin on the planet, an unseen, unheard force of nature that swoops down and kills his victims with no remorse... There are stories that nicknamed him as the Silent Destruction, stories that compared him to a demon from the underworld that came to the surface to punish the living, stories that call him a shadow or a ghost that attacks in plain daylight... What I'm trying to say, Atsu, is that even though Vulpes is an incredibly lethal assassin, he is still human, and humans make mistakes... On top of that, Vulpes is not just some random assassin, he is you..."

Kiyoomi watched Atsumu's eyes widened as he continued to comfort him.

"You are Vulpes, but you are also Miya Atsumu... Vulpes is a part of you as much as you are Miya Atsumu... You may feel more confident with the mask on, but you need to remember that, names and aliases aside, you are still the same person... I'll always protect you, Atsumu, no matter what happens, whether it be my deadly and confident Vulpes, or my adorable and shy Atsu, I will always love you the same," Kiyoomi finished.

Kiyoomi watched as the first tear rolled down Atsumu's cheek, followed by another and another, until the tears were flowing freely down Atsumu's face.

Atsumu wrapped his arms around Kiyoomi's neck and sobbed into his shoulder as the mafia leader pulled him into a tight hug.

Atsumu once again felt safe in Kiyoomi's arms, he felt like nothing could touch him, that Kiyoomi would protect him from anything that tried to hurt him.

Atsumu slowly pulled away from Kiyoomi before he turned back to his desk and found the object he was looking for.

He quickly wiped his tears before turning to look at Kiyoomi, "I made this for ya... It's so if we ever get separated, ya won't forget me..."

Atsumu took Kiyoomi's hand and placed the object in it before curling the mafia leader's fingers around it.

Kiyoomi opened his hand to see a miniature matte-black kunai with a metallic-gold hilt that was roughly the size of his pinky finger attached to a silver chain.

Kiyoomi looked closely at the tiny dagger and saw the letters MA engraved into the blade.

The mafia leader chuckled softly as he reached into his pocket and placed whatever he took out of it in Atsumu's hands, "Just promise that you won't forget me either..."

Atsumu looked at the item placed in his hands, it was a 10.9 milimetre bullet, clearly one from one of Kiyoomi's 44-magnums, it had a hole in the back that had a chain threaded through and the letters SK engraved on the base.

Atsumu smiled before he pulled the chain with the bullet over his head and let it hang around his neck as Kiyoomi did the same with the chain with the dagger.

"Thank ya, Omi..." Atsumu said as he kissed Kiyoomi lightly on the lips, "Jus' a warnin', I'm never takin' this off," he giggled.

Kiyoomi smirked, "And what made you think that I would take mine off?"

Atsumu chuckled lightly as he gazed down at the bullet hanging from his neck, "I love ya, Omi..."

"I love you too, Atsu," Kiyoomi said as he stroked his thumb lightly across Atsumu's cheek before pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Atsumu sighed, "We should get some sleep before the mission," he said, not really wanting to leave Kiyoomi's arms.

"Agreed... Come on, let's rest a bit," Kiyoomi replied as he led Atsumu towards the bed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hehehehe- Ahem- I'm totally not planning anything... 😁🤞

Anygays... Byee!
-CrackshotReaper

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -