Episode-69

Author's pov:

The first day! The very first day of their house warming ceremony! Their house! Shiva has bought such a beautiful 3 BHK flat as a gift to Vrushika by his own earnings. They were so much overwhelmed seeing their new house. It was a flat with 2 floors, 4 bedrooms, a baby room for Vrushika, a living room, kitchen, balcony, dining hall and a garden as per Yashmi's wish. It was very simply designed house as Shiva and Yashmi are not fond of expensive things. It was perfectly known that Shiva's has worked hard to buy the house on his own. Even Yashmi wasn't aware about this amazing surprise by him until yesterday when he came to her and said about it. He didn't let anyone to see the new house and gave a shock saying the next day was an auspicious day for the house warming ceremony.

The morning was very bustling in the new house. Raghu, Karthik, Megha, Raveena, Seema and Vetri, Geeta and Govind, Piya, Saroja were invited. Yashmi was slaying in the etheral peach pattu saree with her hair plaited and with a gajra pinned on it. Vrushika was also so cute in the blue and white frock. The colour of the frock made the angel look like an actual angel. Shiva was in a grey pattu shirt and white dhoti which had grey border. Everything was set! The auspicious time was nearing. Everyone left to the new kitchen as the ladies placed the milk utensil on the stove. It slowly started to boil and pour down from the vessel making the others heart happy.

In sometime everyone had the payasam which was made by Yashmi for the first time. All enjoyed the sweet delicacy with bright smile on their face and roaming around the house. All adored the house and praised Shiva's selection making Yashmi look at her man proudly. Even though she was happy, she was slightly guilty as she couldn't contribute to buy their own house. Saroja called Yashmi to the back of the house.

Saroja with utmost care caressed Yashmi's hair and smiled at her.

Yashmi: Ennachu Mummy? Apdi paakuringa?(Chuckling)

Saroja: Sandhoshama iruku ma!! Nee sandhoshama irukuradha paathu innum sandhoshama iruku!

Yashmi: Ellaam unga aasirvaadam dhaana Mummy?

Saroja: Illa ma..... Adhu mattum illa! Shiva unmela vechi irukura paasam dhaan! Kadhal dhaan! Neenga rendu perum ipdi oruthar oruthar mela ivlo anbu vechu irukuradhu dhaan!! Ungala ipdi sandhoshama paathukudhu!!! Ungaluku sandhoshatha mattume kudukudhu!

Yashmi: Unmai dhaan ma! Amma appa ponapo yaarume enaku illaya-nu irundhapo vandhan ma.... En guardian angel-ah! Ennoda guardian angel mummy avan... Ennoda innoru amma, appa, kolandha, friend-uh ellaame avan oruthan kulla iruku!!! Avana pirinji orunaal iruka mudiyala ma!! Enaku avana romba pudikum!!

Saroja: Lakshmi-yum anna-vum ippo irundha romba sandhosha pattu irupanga!!! Avangaloda Chella ponnu ipdi oru azhagana kudumbathula oru devadhai-ya pethu kuduthu sandhoshama iruka-nu avanga thripthi adaiyuvanga!!!

Yashmi's eyes teared remembering her parents. What Saroja said was true! Like all other parents, Lakshmi and Selvan too wanted their beloved Yashmi to lead a happy life and always blessed!! And that is what Yashmi was living! A very happy and blessed life! But the fact that her parents were not with her to see her joyful family made her heart ache.

Saroja noticed Yashmi's tears and wiped them saying:

Saroja: Azhadha ma.... Avanga rendu perum illanu azhadha... Avanga inga dhaan, un kannuku therila-na kooda, inga dhaan un pakkathula dhaan un sandhoshatha paathu kanneer vadipanga!!! Onnu mattum solluren! Enkitta Lakshmi ennikume onnu solluva... Avaluku oru pethi porandha azhaga oru velli kolusu vaangi kodukanum-nu! Ennadhaan ava adha niravetha ippo illa naalum, naan iruken.... Adhanaala, en pethi Vrushika-ku ennala mudinjadhu....