Origins

"Yes, a burrito with extra cheese. Yes, the top floor. The name is Diana Prince."

Placing her smartphone on the coffee table in her spacious living room, Wonder Woman focused on drying off her wet hair with a head towel. She had just come out of the shower, proof of that also being that there was only a white towel wrapped around her torso.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and she left her head towel on the backrest of the sofa as she sat up and went to open the door.

"Good evening, ma'am. Here's your-"

The delivery boy's words died in his throat 2 seconds after that door opened.

"Good evening. Is there a problem?" Wonder Woman asked, completely oblivious.

"N-No," he said, his face quickly becoming as red as an apple.

Long black hair, wet, barely out of the shower, striking blue eyes, defined cheekbones, full lips and a body even a model would be envious of - a body wrapped in only a white towel that strained to contain her voluptuous breasts and left her soft shoulders and strong yet still feminine thighs and legs bare. In truth, the costume she wore on a daily basis in public while fighting crime did not cover much more than the bath towel but there was a stark difference in the atmosphere surrounding her at that time and in the present.

Till the very end of the transaction, the delivery boy fumbled very flusteredly. He almost dropped the package with food when he handed it to her and, after getting her money, he bolted away, forgetting to give her the change. But he turned around after a few seconds, his face even redder than before, boiling, upon realizing his mistake.

Wonder Woman giggled softly.

"It's alright, you can keep the change. Thank you and have a nice evening!" she said with a smile and waved in good-bye.

She may have been oblivious in the first few seconds but Wonder Woman was not stupid. She realized the reason for the boy's embarrassment. After starting to live as Diana Prince among regular people, she began to understand how big was the effect of her physical appearance on most men.

'What I don't get is why almost everyone acts like that when I'm Diana Prince but nobody shows any reaction in front of Wonder Woman...'

Scenes like the previous one when men became "star struck" were not really that common (hence her amusement) but it was a fact that dozens of men had tried to hit on Diana Prince during the past few months since she adopted this civilian identity yet hardly anyone seemed to like Wonder Woman as a woman.

'Maybe it's because Wonder Woman looks like an untouchable being, powerful and dangerous, while Diana Prince is the normal but attractive and rich human girl?'

What Wonder Woman was completely unaware of was that her hero persona was way, way more popular with men (and not only) than her civilian identity. It was just that nobody would dare to express their honest thoughts in front of someone who could bend steel with her bare hand and throw cars around like they were pebbles. If she had browsed the internet for even as little as 2 minutes, typing 'Wonder Woman' in the search engine, she would have seen how different the situation was. But she had never done that. She did not know about the hundreds of blogs dedicated to worshipping Wonder Woman or about the existence of websites like rule34...

With these idle thoughts, Wonder Woman came back to the living room and, after plopping herself down on the sofa, she grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. Then, she opened the paper bag and grabbed the burrito from it. She took a huge, very unladylike bite from her burrito and an expression of bliss appeared on her face.

"...what looked like an enormous ship of alien invaders appeared above Jump City-"

Wonder Woman put her burrito down for a moment with a dissatisfied expression and changed the channel.