Decree

After they took Wonder Woman from the Watchtower and returned to her apartment in New York, Kyuubi thought it would be good to let the two of them spend some time alone, as a couple, and decided to go visit Doctor Fate and ask for his advice.

Therefore, while Naruto was healing up Diana's bruised and battered body, Kyuubi landed with his and Naruto's spaceship at the outskirts of Salem, Massachusetts, in the woods, next to a stone tower.

It was a rather comical image when the large trapdoor of the spaceship opened but only a tiny nine-tailed fox cub stepped out of it. After doing 2 rounds, walking around the tower, and seeing no entrance, Kyuubi lost his patience and yelled:

"Fate! Oy, sorcerer!"

Shortly after the fox started hollering, a door of light in the shape of an ankh appeared in one of the stone walls of the tower and a rather good-looking woman looking like she was in her thirties came out. It was Inza, Doctor Fate's wife.

"Is Doctor Fate here? That's the address Naruto gave me."

The previous time when Naruto visited the sorcerer, it was only him and Wonder Woman. Kyuubi had been away, wandering on his own for several days. Now it was the first time he was seeing Doctor Fate's home.

Inza looked at the fox cub in curiosity. It was the first time she was seeing Kyuubi face-to-face. The nine-tailed demon fox was actually very infamous among the metahumans of Earth, much, much better known than Naruto of whom most people thought of as just "Wonder Woman's boyfriend". In contrast, the bijuu was famous for how he curb-stomped the Justice Lords of the other dimension because it was seemingly his enormous size and his fire breath attack that defeated them.

Seeing the woman looking at him silently, Kyuubi said:

"I'm not going to attack him or anything like that. Fate knows me, we've met very often while he was curing Naruto's petrification. I have some questions that he may know the answer to."

'Let him in, Inza, he means no harm.' she heard her husband's voice in her mind.

"Very well then. Follow me." she told Kyuubi and turned around.

An arc of yellow-red light was left in his wake as he teleported out of the bedroom. An instant later, his body appeared right in front of Wonder Woman, in the doorway. A cloak of yellow-red chakra enveloped him as he entered directly into his bijuu-mode, and a flaming Rasengan took shape in his hand in the blink of an eye.

But his target evaded his Rasengan like a phantom.

"Naruto!" Diana cried out to stop him.

Naturally, he was aware of his surroundings too. Though he missed his target, just as his flaming Rasengan was about to impact the floor, the sphere of fire was abruptly extinguished, disappearing into the palm of his hand. If he had not cancelled his technique, the top half of the skyscraper would have been blasted to smithereens, causing an untold number of casualties. But he held back because he did not want to endanger innocent bystanders.

Nonetheless, their uninvited guest kept his distance with a wary look on his face. He had definitely taken notice of how powerful that attack was, gaining a healthy dose of respect for such destructive magic.

"That's a rude way to greet someone." the Olympian God said eventually and patted off the non-existent dust on his clothes. "So this is the man my sister fancies? I must say this isn't a very good first impression."

Hermes looked like a handsome and well-built man in his late twenties. His attire consisted of an off-shoulder white robe, a winged and open-faced golden helmet, golden greaves on his feet, and a wide beige belt around his waist. Hanging from his other shoulder was a rather large pouch filled to the brim with scrolls. All in all, his appearance was exactly how a mortal would imagine the Herald of Gods to look like.