Crisis 3

After the Justice Lords took flight and left the group of reporters behind, Diana suddenly flew in front of them, cutting their way.

"Where is the rest of the Justice League? And what were you thinking?! How could you lobotomise someone in front of the whole world?!"

The 5 Justice Lords members stopped in their flight and looked at each other. It was the other dimension Wonder Woman that replied to her:

"If you were raised anything like I was, you would be an Amazon. You should be no stranger to the concept of not showing mercy to your enemy."

Diana clenched her hands into fists.

"Even if that was the case, why do it publicly?" Turning towards Superman she said: "I don't know what is the situation back in your world but here the Justice League is a symbol of hope. Not of terror! We don't just take the law in our hands to punish whomever we please."

Justice Lord Green Lantern retorted:

"You think we were any different at first? We tried the same route back in our dimension too. Until our Flash was murdered and Luthor crawled his way up to become the United States' president. Do you know what happened? He triggered World War 3!"

Justice Lord Superman also said:

"Democracy is nice. But the problem with it is that it doesn't keep you very safe. Too much freedom leads to chaos and chaos leads to war, death and misery. If we hadn't taken control of our dimension with an iron fist, the world would have been destroyed. Do you think hope or honour or honesty are what keep people in line? No. What keeps them in line is fear. I lobotomized that creature in front of the whole world, for them to understand that crimes will not be tolerated anymore. For all the villains to learn what fear means."

Diana could not help shouting:

"Do you even hear yourself? How are you any different from Darkseid? He also keeps the "peace" on all the planets he had conquered. That's not peace! It's terror!"

Justice Lord Hawkgirl's mace began crackling with electricity and she said:

"Batman was right when he said they wouldn't want our kind of help. That they wouldn't understand. Good thing that we've captured the rest already."

With no further ado, she lunged at Diana and swung her mace at her wildly.

Diana blocked the mace with her wristguards but the electricity made her shout from pain and lose control over her flight. She had awakened as a demigoddess, as the daughter of Zeus who was the God of Lightning so normal electricity should have not been able to harm her. However, Hawkgirl's mace was made of the Nth metal, a metal capable of disrupting all forms of magic. The Nth metal was the bane of all magical existences: and magic was what protected Diana and gave her supernatural powers.

Before Diana could right herself in the air, Greem Lantern followed up with a concentrated blast of green light and then the other dimension Wonder Woman grabbed Diana's arms from the back and locked her in a Nelson hold. Right away, Superman came to the immobilized Diana and he punched her in the stomach with all his strength, creating a shockwave no smaller than the one that the grey-skinned alien made when he punched him, blasting all the glass windows in the vicinity. Spittle flew out of Diana's mouth and her eyes rolled in the back of her head.

"Did you have to hit her that hard?" the other dimension Wonder Woman said with a frown.

"I know exactly how tough you are, princess. Your physique is not much below mine. If she was anything like you, she wouldn't stay down unless I used my full strength." Superman justified himself.