Radion

An almost invisible humanoid silhouette walked on the ceiling, upside down, as if it was on the ground and easily avoided all the moving laser beams trying to detect any would-be intruders. However, regardless of said person's efforts to remain undetected, loud alarms started blaring throughout the entire base.

"Damnit, Diana, you triggered the alarms way too early! I haven't gotten to the console yet! Now the blast doors were shut down and the vault is crawling with robots." Naruto yelled irritated into his earpiece.

"I'm sorry, Naruto, I tried to be sneaky but I'm dummy thick and the clap of my asscheeks alerted the security." Wonder Woman said from the other end of the line.

What met her reply was complete silence. She could not reign in herself and burst into full-blown laughter.

"Who taught you to talk like that?!" Naruto asked in disbelief.

"Ahahaha! I wish I could see your face!" Diana said while giggling uncontrollably. "I found your meme collection a few days ago. Ah, I'm so annoyed I can't see your face now! Hahaha!"

Naruto blew out a sigh and chuckled too in spite of himself. "You got me good, I admit. But the thing is that at this rate we're going to fail the mission..."

"On a serious note, it's not my fault," she said and he could practically hear the pout through her voice. "There are heat detectors somewhere close to the main panel. I had no way of knowing that. If anything, it's your device's fault. When's the last time you upgraded your tools? This stuff of yours is so outdated! We had an issue with it two months ago too when it didn't detect a hidden infrared camera."

Naruto wisely decided to not comment on that. The truth was, as she said, that he had not upgraded his gear in a few years. Technology advanced at a breakneck speed; in four or five years more, his gear would become completely obsolete.

The two of them were currently in the Antares system, Milky Way galaxy. Their mission was to steal the blueprint of a new type of robot created by Dhorians (a race native to the planet Dhor from the Antares system). The plan had been for Naruto to infiltrate the control room undetected and only then for Diana to trigger the alarms on purpose and cause a ruckus to attract the attention of the research facility's crew and robots. While everyone would be focused on dealing with her, he would secretly insert the hacking tool and steal the entire data.

However, now that the alarms were triggered before he could get into the control room, he would no longer be able to extract that data. Naruto himself was not a hacker, he was not smart enough for that. All the data extraction/theft missions he had ever completed had been done through the use of his hacking tool - a device that could copy all the files in a database as long as there were no protocols triggered to prevent that.

"Don't worry, I'll grab one of these guys and force him to give us the blueprint. Or else..."

"I swear I'm a bad influence on you. What happened to the self-righteous and heroic princess I met on Earth almost 3 years ago?" he said teasingly.

"Oh shut it."

A few minutes later, Wonder Woman arrived at the location of the control room carrying a being tied up with her golden lasso. It was a tall and very thin person, almost like a stick. It had a humanoid appearance - with two legs, two hands, and a head - but its appearance was otherwise very different from humans with its grey skin, very skinny build, and red eyes - sclera, iris, and pupils, all.

"Get us inside the control room," she ordered and her lasso glowed.

The tied-up Dhorian went to the panel obediently and after inserting a code, the alarms were stopped and the laser beams from before were turned off too. The blast door protecting the control room was raised up and the three of them entered it unhindered. There were four other Dhorians inside but with a flash of yellow and black light, Naruto easily knocked them unconscious with a well-aimed and strong punch to the liver. Naruto and Diana were always very careful to not use lethal force in missions that did not require them to do so - like assassination or escort/rescue missions where their targets were scumbags. In this case, the ones working in this facility were just regular people doing their jobs. From a moral standpoint, the two of them were the bad guys, performing industrial espionage.