Chapter 21

Ivy Diaz

I haven't slept.

Not even a wink.

I'm terrified that if I close my eyes Kai will be gone when I wake up or that she'll have a nightmare.

Plus I just couldn't stop thinking.

As I'm in my mind staring at the ceiling I feel Kai move around.

"Hey baby, how'd you sleep?" I ask softly as she opens her eyes.

"Okay I guess"

I tangle my fingers in her hair and watch as she kinda just stares off into space.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You" she answers.

"Me?"

"Mhm, thinking about how much I love you and that I don't deserve you"

"Well I love you too, and correction, you do deserve me"

She hums.

"Wanna just skip school today?" I ask.

"No we have that test, we shouldn't miss it"

"You sure?"

She nods while getting up and walking into the bathroom with a hoodie and sweats in hand.

I go on my phone and wait for her to shower.

Around 15 minutes later she comes out holding the sleeves of her hoodie.

I go in the bathroom for my own shower and when I come out Kai has just finished putting her converse on.

"I'll be ready in like five minutes" I tell her.

She nods as she sits on my bed playing with the dog that has wondered into my room.

"You look gorgeous by the way" she speaks up.

"Thank you baby, you look amazing too"

"I'm in a hoodie and sweats"

"And yet you still look good"

I see her slightly smile.

When we get to school the first thing we have is the test for English and then we skip the next class which was sports.

When the bell rings we make our way into the cafeteria.

Kai wasn't really hungry but I still bought her a fruit salad and water.

She doesn't have to finish it.

"Hey girls"

I look up to see a Jason standing there with a smirk.

I look back at Kai and she she's staring at her shoes while digging her nails into her palms...

"So Ivy, I heard you've already fucked Kai multiple times, yet you haven't even known each other for more than a couple months"