Chapter Four

What do you think so far?

"Niko, Elijah Bolton was murdered, his entire family has been massacred" Scott informed through the phone

I reclined back in my seat and sighed. "Every single one of them?"

"Yes, boss, except for Leopold, the butler. He is nowhere to be found. There's no dead body"

"Look for him" I ordered, as I put on my suit jacket.

"On it, Niko, but you might want to come down here, there's a situation---"

I cut him off. "I'll be there"

I hung up the call and walked to my dining room. Bolton's dead body can wait. I settled on my seat, and read the daily paper, sipping my coffee in silence.

"Don Niko," a maid voiced.

"What?" I questioned, keeping my gaze on the paper.

"My daughter graduated top of her class" she smiled. "She wanted to thank you for paying for her education."

Georgia has been working for me for ten years, her daughter was a bright kid. I just did what I would do for any of my house help.

"Bright little kid, does she plan on going to college?"

"Yes..."

"Talk to Scott, he will take care of it."

"Thank you, Don Niko."

I had my breakfast in peace and then finally got up when I saw Scott calling me once more. I sighed, buttoning my suit jacket, I needed to be at the Bolton's fucking mansion.

Elijah Bolton was my father's best friend, he was one of my Caporegime, my father considered him a brother. In our world, when you consider someone a brother it means you will give your life for him.

After my father retired, Elijah voluntarily drifted away from our family. I have been made aware that he had planned to leave the underworld and move to another country. A twisted smile made its way to my lips, I think his plans for a fresh start were flushed down the drain.

My cousin Antonio flicked his cigarette on the ground as he saw me and opened the car door. I settled in the back and asked him to drive to the Bolton's mansion.

When we got there, the mansion was crawling with my men, I stepped out of the car and saw the bodies of the household help piled over one another. My men pulled out another body from the mansion and threw it over the pile.

Scott approached me. "Niko, I think you need to see something"

"What is it?"

He gestured for me to follow him inside. I followed him into the front door of Bolton's mansion, the giant wooden door was shattered and broken. Chunks of vases and furniture were scattered all over the place. The place looked like the aftermath of a warzone