Chapter Eighty-Six

•NOTE: Chapters 85 and 86 take place on the same day, on the same timeline•

I opened my eyes to a dimly-lit room, I could see the faint sunlight seeping into the room through the thick drapes

I opened my eyes to a dimly-lit room, I could see the faint sunlight seeping into the room through the thick drapes. I squinted my eyes and swallowed, my throat had dried up and a splitting headache spread through my head.

I sat up with difficulty, I looked to my side and saw a glass of water with two pills and a note that said:

"Take these, you bitch! - B"

Although, my head was hurting pretty bad; her note made me smile a little. I plopped the pills into my mouth and drank the whole glass of water in a single go.

I got out of bed and noticed that I was still wearing the dress from last night. I did my daily routine; taking a shower with cold water also helped with the headache.

Wearing some comfortable clothes, I went downstairs and saw Bianca sitting on the dining chair, eating breakfast.

I walked to her, "You are here..."

She stopped eating and shot me a glare, "I was worried for you."

"Why?"

"Don't you remember the show you put on last night?!"

I bit my lip, I did remember losing my head when I knew about Nikolai being in the same building as me and the fact that he still refused to see me.

"It wasn't a show, B. I stand by every single word I said last night," I sat opposite her, as the maid asked what I would like to have for breakfast.

Bianca watched the maid as she left the dining room and then turned to me, "Niko is going to kill you!"

I looked at her, face as impassive as Nikolai's resting bitch face, "He can try..."

"Why don't you take him seriously?" she asked, aggravated.

"He doesn't take me seriously, why would I?!" I snapped at her.

"Because he's Niko!"

"Yeah, well, I'm his wife!"

"Evangeline, he is going to find a way to punish you..."

"He is punishing me, alright! Isn't all this enough? And he knows, he knows what he is doing. I just want to know why, Bianca. I just want to know the reason!"

The maid re-entered the dining room and placed the breakfast before me before she left. I picked up the cup of coffee and took a sip; cringing at the bitter taste in my mouth.

"What happened between you two? I mean, that day at the restaurant after your marriage-he completely adored you. What happened?"

I heaved a sigh, "Nikolai's father doesn't like me... he may be the reason Nikolai is acting like that. His father came here; called me names; said that I seduced his innocent son-come on, we both know who and how Nikolai is-that I somehow tricked him into marrying me and when Nikolai came, his father lied to him, he said that I was the one who insulted him. Nikolai made me apologize and one thing led to another now he is avoiding me like I killed someone he loved."